Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #1366
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by desterly View Post
It's 5.8.7 in general. I see the same behavior on my Voyage.

Attempting to get my build environment setup and hopefully find a resolution. I'm assuming there's a method that's off or a refresh change.
Go back one page in the thread, the updated package for 5.8.7 is attached to a post near the bottom of the prior page.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #1367
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Go back one page in the thread, the updated package for 5.8.7 is attached to a post near the bottom of the prior page.
That's the one I have. It functions but display does not draw correctly without changing pages.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #1368
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's the one I have. It functions but display does not draw correctly without changing pages.
Just try not to make the situation more of a mess than it is at the moment.
That is:
Pull the current public repository, make changes in your clone, when feel ready for release, post (at bitbucket repo site) a pull request.

Use NiLuJe's repo, rather than ixtab's (ixtab is the original author but his repo is way, way, behind).
Here it is:
https://bitbucket.org/NiLuJe/ktcollectionsmgr
(Which may or may not include all of the patches posted in this thread.)

The person currently providing version updates posts his changes to this thread as a patch file, which requires much more work on the part of the maintainer.
The maintainer who is busy with school right now.

Last edited by knc1; 12-28-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:55 PM   #1369
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Just try not to make the situation more of a mess than it is at the moment.
That is:
Pull the current public repository, make changes in your clone, when feel ready for release, post (at bitbucket repo site) a pull request.

Use NiLuJe's repo, rather than ixtab's (ixtab is the original author but his repo is way, way, behind).
Here it is:
https://bitbucket.org/NiLuJe/ktcollectionsmgr
(Which may or may not include all of the patches posted in this thread.)

The person currently providing version updates posts his changes to this thread as a patch file, which requires much more work on the part of the maintainer.
The maintainer who is busy with school right now.
I did see that they were behind but got the patchset order down and got them all to merge in clean. If I figure anything out it'll be based on the current patchsets. Actually I might just do a squash pull request up through the most recent ones.

That'll remain consistent w/ the recent builds at least.

Thanks for the reminders on it
Old 12-28-2016, 11:58 PM   #1370
desterly
Enthusiast

Here is a build for 5.8.7 that corrects the display not drawing issue.

I'd only use this on 5.8.7 as my build environment doesn't have all the libs for prior versions yet (only back to 5.6.5)
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (476.2 KB, 340 views)
Advert
Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #1371
knc1
Going Viral

I have tried contacting NiLuJe today, hopefully he will have enough time during this seasonal school break to reply.

At that I am guessing. I really don't know the University schedules in France.

There are alternate admins for ixtab's repositories, so we are not totally lost about getting the new works merged somewhere.
So it is technically possible to get your work and all of ADambi and NiLuJe's work pulled back into the author's original repository.

I do not know if what I am suggesting is indeed practical, only that it is technically possible.

Last edited by knc1; 12-29-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:44 AM   #1372
brofeelgood
brofeelgood began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT, PW3, PW4
Quote:

I'd only use this on 5.8.7 as my build environment doesn't have all the libs for prior versions yet (only back to 5.6.5)
Splendid. Thank you, desterly.
brofeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #1373
gocho8
gocho8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (5.8.5 JB)
its me or with a paperwhite 3 at 5.8.5 I cant use this?

PD: ok i see not that its on page 90. could u create a link at the first post? it could be very helpful for a lot of people.
and... what is the use for the second file, patch?

Last edited by gocho8; 01-15-2017 at 12:24 PM.
gocho8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #1374
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocho8 View Post
its me or with a paperwhite 3 at 5.8.5 I cant use this?

PD: ok i see not that its on page 90. could u create a link at the first post? it could be very helpful for a lot of people.
and... what is the use for the second file, patch?
Only the owner or a moderator can change a post.

In this case, both are not longer active at this site.

Anyone (even none members) can modify the Wiki -
Find the appropriate place in the current master index and add the links you want people to see there.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #1375
s1s2s3s4s5
s1s2s3s4s5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I have a jailbroken Kindle Oasis with 5.8.7.
My target is to be able to use Calibre collections on my Kindle.

Should I try to install "Collections Manager" (before [GUI Plugin] Kindle Collections) or it definitely won't work on Oasis?
s1s2s3s4s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #1376
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1s2s3s4s5 View Post
I have a jailbroken Kindle Oasis with 5.8.7.
My target is to be able to use Calibre collections on my Kindle.

Should I try to install "Collections Manager" (before [GUI Plugin] Kindle Collections) or it definitely won't work on Oasis?
try the one attached here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1370
and report back your results.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #1377
s1s2s3s4s5

Quote:
try the one attached here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1370
and report back your results.
The attachment is azw2 file (CollectionsManager.azw2). Will it be installed by just copying into mrpackages folder and installing through KUAL Helper?
Old 01-18-2017, 09:44 AM   #1378
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
The attachment is azw2 file (CollectionsManager.azw2). Will it be installed by just copying into mrpackages folder and installing through KUAL Helper?
It is a document, copy it to /documents.
- - - -
If it does not work, just delete it again.

Kindlets, which this is, are suppose to be disabled on Gen.8 devices, but I do not think anyone has confirmed that yet for this application.
- - - -
You will probably have to use LibrarianSync (which requires python) on the Kindle + Caliberer on your PC.

I don't use the combination, but some here swear by it.
So help is available from those users here.

Last edited by knc1; 01-18-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #1379
s1s2s3s4s5

When I try to open the document "Collections Manager" the result is "Application Error. The selected application could not be started. Please try again".

And no collections have appeared on the Kindle after Calibre (using Kindle collections plugin) has transferred the information regarding the collections that should be created in Kindle. I've got a message that I should launch Collections Manager or LibrarianSync on the device.
As far as I could see the LibrarianSync has not been updated for a long time so there is no sense in trying to install it...
Old 01-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #1380
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
When I try to open the document "Collections Manager" the result is "Application Error. The selected application could not be started. Please try again".

And no collections have appeared on the Kindle after Calibre (using Kindle collections plugin) has transferred the information regarding the collections that should be created in Kindle. I've got a message that I should launch Collections Manager or LibrarianSync on the device.
As far as I could see the LibrarianSync has not been updated for a long time so there is no sense in trying to install it...
Expected.
Thanks for confirming.
(The 'try again' means to buy an older model Kindle, not the model you have now.)

Expected.

LibrarianSync, as far as we know, is not firmware or model specific.

If you want collection management other than what Amazon provides, LibrarianSync is what you need.
Keep in mind, it is a python script and requires that you also install python.

What I think is the easiest way to use it, is to create a directory tree under /documents to represent the collection & document structure and then let LibrarianSync convert that into collection database entries.

Note:
The stock reader has a 'flat earth' view of the /documents directory.
I.E: It does not interpret the directory structure, only the collections database.

KOreader DOES interpret the directory structure, and ignores the collections database.

So using Librarian Sync to create the same logical information in the collections database makes things appear with the same organization in both readers.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks