Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
Greetings from Singapore

Hi everyone,
I'm a previously long-time Microsoft Reader user (old Ipaq), who upgraded to a Sharp Zaurus and while the screen and hardware are better I actually found the newer device to be worse for reading English text. -- It is great for Japanese.

I am planning to move back to Japan early next year and in preparation for a long commute am looking at the Sony Portable readers to ensure I get a device that is firstly a good reader and not a good PDA/ok reader.

Not yet decided but most likely going to order a PRS-505 from B&H.

Cheers,
Marcus
mbagsh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum.

Although I don't own a 505, I have had my hands on one and like it a lot. Hoping my wife gives me a MicroCenter gift certificate for Christmas. If she does, I'll have my own 505 the next day.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
That's great to hear - hands on experience is always best.

When I saw the CNET video online, the ghosting during a page turn was a bit horrific, but I just told myself to ignore it. A video recording of a regular TV always shows screen refreshes that we don't notice in real life and I suspect the ghosting is similar.

Cheers,
Marcus
mbagsh55 is offline   Reply With Quote