Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Pocketbook 701 IQ Firmware Release v.2.1.1

EU (Europe) Version http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...01SWUPDATE.zip

CIS (Russia) Version http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...01SWUPDATE.zip

Code:
    PocketBook IQ 701 Release Notes Firmware version 2.1.1

Implemented

SOFTWARE
    1. System video player. Next video formats are supported recently:
    a. .3gp (H.263, MPEG-4 SP codecs)
    b. .mp4 (H.263, MPEG-4 SP, H.264 AVC (Baseline Profile (BP) codecs)
    2. Yandex applications set (CIS firmware only):
    a. Money
    b. Mail
    c. Electric Trains Schedule
    d. Photos
    e. Weather

READERS
    1. Adobe Reader for e-books of .pdf and .epub formats
    2. ‘Reflow’ and ‘Go to page’ for Adobe Reader
    3. Protected books (DRM) download support
    4. Text-to-Speech (TTS) volume adjusting using device hardware buttons (‘Volume +/-‘ on the side panel)

INTERFACE
    1. New Home Screen
    2. New shortcuts
    a. Manual
    b. Bookland
    c. Licenses
    d. Ebooks Shop (EU firmware only)
    3. Extended wallpaper collection
    4. New widgets
    a. Continue Reading
    b. Yandex.Weather (CIS firmware only)

Excluded
    1. Option ‘Search’ in Settings
    2. Applications ‘DevTools’ and ‘Spare Parts’
    3. Displaying system and hidden folders

Changed
    1. Shortcuts: ‘Email’, ‘Gallery’, ‘Notes’, ‘Books’, ‘Settings’, ‘Dictionary’, ‘Registration’
    2. Browser homepage: http://bookland.net/go/iq/
    3. Default library view: bookshelves
    4. Free external card memory for applications information: Settings > SD card & Memory

Fixed
    1. Extended and fixed next localizations: 中文, Қазақша, Nederlands, العربية , Deutsch, Португальский, Polski, Français, Italiano, Spanish.
    2. TTS playback errors when display orientation changed
    3. Increased power consumption after synchronization in sleep mode (so called ‘Night awakening’).

Last edited by pippopelo; 07-26-2011 at 04:40 AM.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
A question: will the hack for using Android Market still work with this firmware? I'm curious about the firmware but I'm reluctant to us try it if it's going to trash my settings and I have to set everything up again. Is there a way for someone who's already installed it to give us a review and show us some screencaps??
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
No, Market presently not supported by any version higher 2.0.6
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
alfinium
alfinium began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ (FW 2.1.1)
Hi everybody

I installed the Release Candidate of the last firmware (I saw it on a russian forum) a couple of days ago.
Indeed the procedure to activate the market (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128178) doesn't work anymore.

But I tried to use the old method: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...ps-on-sd-card/

Ok it's not so easy but it worked on my IQ

Warning: If you are running on 2.0.6, upload the soft: sqlite3 from your rom and backup it, because I didn't found it on the new one. (You'll have to use it to modify something on your device)

Good Luck and Have fun...

PS: Another "market" can be easily installed on the IQ: Aptoide
Get the aptoide Repo: http://www.mediafire.com/?gbjn15n5u6hl0ko
Lauch it, ask to download aptoide and the update the repository... Works very fine

Last edited by alfinium; 07-28-2011 at 06:06 AM.
alfinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I don't feel comfortable doing all that (I don't even know what soft: sqlite3 is), so I prefer to wait for an easier solution. I didn't think I'd be using market at all, but it turned out I was wrong. I certainly find wifi at work very useful, though I till don' feel I need to set up a wireless network at home. Thank you for the suggestion though!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Will the old software and rooting still work, or does everything start from zero again?
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
gvklaveren
gvklaveren began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
The old rooting routine works fine.
(Result tested with RootExplorer and ADB.)
But it is much better to clear your old data out of the system (Privacy-->...) for WiFi to function. And I gather it is needed for more things to function properly.
So you will loose some things from the old installation.
gvklaveren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Wuff
Wuff began at the beginning.

Device: IQ 701
Pocketbook 701 IQ Firmware Release v.2.1.1

Since upgrading to 2.1.1 my Wifi doesn't work any more. A message appears: "Networkscan not possible".
Wuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Make a factory rest and try again, that should solve this (known) problem
Old 10-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
PeterPan
PeterPan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Bugs firmware 2.1.1:
Enabling silent mode will not remain enabled after leaving settings screen.
Hyperlinks (e.g. in Manual) will not work in Reader, also page count will not adjust when using larger/smaller fonts reading epubs. Font size will reset to original state each time opening book.
etc. etc.

Why doesn't anybody have complaints? It's filled with bugs! Do I hear the sound of snoring?
PeterPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
troll05
Harmless idiot

Never made it to 2.1.1
2.0.6 is most stable and all hacks developed for the IQ are working.
Who needs a reader application from PB if you have free access to the market
Old 10-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #12
Ewitschka
Ewitschka began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Hi! maybe stupid question - but how to do factory rest??
Ewitschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
troll05
Harmless idiot

Not stupid
Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset