Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #241
J.L.C.
J.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS T1
Has anyone rooted under Linux?

I was able to apply the latest firmware update by copying PRS-T1 Updater.package to the /READER partition.

Is there a similar method that will work for gaining root, or do I have to find a Windows machine to use the .bat file?
J.L.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #242
Naeddyr
Naeddyr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
Has anyone rooted under Linux?

I was able to apply the latest firmware update by copying PRS-T1 Updater.package to the /READER partition.

Is there a similar method that will work for gaining root, or do I have to find a Windows machine to use the .bat file?
I am currently on LMDE, and I rooted my PRS-T1 following the instructions on the wiki and the original (google-translated) thread: http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D21458

It's basically the same process as firmware updating, just extract everything, transfer Updater.package and the other folders/files mentioned to READER, then do the Home+Menu start thing.
Naeddyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #243
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
trying to install under Windows...

guys I am stuck after step 4. Run flash_reader.bat

I get a command box and says "enter the letter of the reader drive?"

I then enter the driver letter of the reader (the 1.4GB one right?)

Then I get "Script did not complet Press any key to continue..."
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #244
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Which version Windows?
32 or 64?
Some folks have had issues when rooting from 64bit windows.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #245
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Ok, I have managed to root my T1, I selected home as default, now how can I get into Android mode?

Last edited by FinancialWar; 12-28-2011 at 08:55 PM.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #246
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Touch the bar at the top.
You'll get a menu including the Zeam launcher.
If you don't add too many android apps (and you can't, really) you can add them to the bar shortcuts list.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #247
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Is it normal that Root Explorer won't remember its settings when you exit and open the app?
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #248
Bidibulle
Enthusiast
Bidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara Hd
Hi,
I have rooted my T1 with the AWD version.
Everything works fine (спасибо большое Porkupan ) and I'm very happy with it (can read all my books in bold with CoolReader: great for me)

Problem is that I've tried to install a little app (the apk package that works on my phone) that auto-connects me to the Wifi Hot-spots of my internet provider but after several attemps, I can't install it
Can someone help me to install it (it's called FreeWifi on the Android Market )
Is there a special trick to install apk package in the AWD version or do I have to switch to the Zeam version ?
Sorry I'm a complete Noob on that subject.

Last edited by Bidibulle; 12-29-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Bidibulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #249
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidibulle View Post
Is there a special trick to install apk package in the AWD version or do I have to switch to the Zeam version ?
Sorry I'm a complete Noob on that subject.
The launcher app should make no difference; you do the installs from the Root Explorer app.
I've been copying the apk file to the downloads folder, browsing to it with Root Explorer, and selecting it. Root explorer asks if you want to install it and when you say yes, it installs.

Some caveats: the app needs to be compatible with generic Android 2.2 or lower and not be dependent on hardware the T1 lacks, and you need to have enough free space for the Apk to be expanded and installed. (Typically, you need more app space to install the app than te app takes up when installed. Thus it is best to install your apps in order of declining apk size to be on the safe side.)
Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #250
Bidibulle
Enthusiast
Bidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheese

Okay, thanks for replying
I have 16 mb of free space, so it should be enough to install it (the app is only 383 Kbs and working well on my froyo HTC), but the T1 keeps on telling me I can't install it

Update: I uninstall ADW and install Zeam (cold sweat and fingers crossed...Everything went fine) but I can't install FreeWifi on it either....

I probably miss something simple concerning rights to write or to access something....
I will keep on with Zeam, the reader seems a little faster with it (probably subjective, here, but CoolReader is working OK with the 2 flavors)
Porkupan has really done an incredible job...very impressed by the easiness of removing/adding the root packages.

Last edited by Bidibulle; 12-29-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #251
Bidibulle
Enthusiast

Hi,
I have the following problem (all my fault, of course)
I have installed FBReader via the Android Market on a Zeam version (very bad idea, don't do that)
After that, I've noticed a problem in Cool Reader: it's impossible to change the fonts in CR (always the same fonts when I try to change them: If I choose Frutiger, it's Amasis that is displayed whatever I do: reset, open/close CR, etc: very annoying)
So I uninstalled Zeam with the rescue package and installed again the Zeam Package.
Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem. Something has been written somewhere and not been deleted by the rescue package.
Any help is welcomed, thanks

Last edited by Bidibulle; 01-05-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #252
NoGood
NoGood began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600 \ T1
Rooted my T1 with great pleasure. Amazed at what it can do.
Also pretty darn impressive that I managed to break it within a hour.

I ran into the same bug as uboot on page 9 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
3.) There is a bug: when going to Settings/Accounts&sync, tapping "Add account" will crash the reader...

Also, I managed the latinkeyboard services stop working, not sure how, but hat to restore-set and re-root. Maybe it was because I disabled "Background data" in Accounts&sync, don't know...
When adding an account you break the keyboard or latinkeyboard as uboot calls it.

Can it be enabled without running the restore-set? I disabled the keyboard from the settings menu, which obiviously stops the error message but makes my T1 a lot less usefull
NoGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #253
montygew
montygew began at the beginning.

FinancialWar HI, i am having the same problem you had with "Script did not complete" press any key to continue . Could you please tell me what you mean by "Selected Home as default". I am runniing Windows 7 32 bit. Also did you select the 1.4gb drive. eg. K:

Thanks

Last edited by montygew; 01-07-2012 at 05:51 PM.
montygew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #254
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I went back to Kindle 3.01 with an Apk of under 5MB.
Does anyone know where I can download past versions of the Kindle app? Would anyone be willing to email me the apk of 3.2 or 3.01?
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #255
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
Does anybody have a working version of Anysoftkeyboard that displays word suggestions while typing? The newer version from the market didn't install for me and in the current version there is no option in the "grammar" part of the settings to set word predictions.
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony