Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Does the latest version work for you?
Yes 92 89.32%
No 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #301
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
I have successfully hacked my kindle DXG to 3.2.1 but now I want to put in a custom screensaver. First, is that possible?

Assuming that it is, if I follow this guide with my hacked DXG I assume that I would start on step 3 but what file should I choose there? A DXG or a kindle 3?

And thanks for the possibility for the 3.2.1, it is awesome!
Try DXG package.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #302
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by khmann View Post
Please, someone help me with a K2 2.5.8 image (I now prefer B002 - US Wireless), but would be grateful for anything.
Just uploaded K2 (US) 2.3.3 (February 2010) for you:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1174771...dle2_2.3.3.bin
I should have other versions (before and after 2.3.3) as well, but that's all I've found so far.
If you need another version, send me a PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #303
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Try DXG package.
Worked fine, thanks
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #304
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
I installed successfully the 3.1 firmware in my Kindle DXG. Thanks!

Last edited by thebestjeter; 08-06-2011 at 06:08 AM.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #305
v_v
v_v began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, IPad, Nook
I installed 3.2.1 on my DXG and all functions are working great. But it flashes an empty battery and shuts down after sitting on standby for only 5 hours. This is with 3G turned off. Reading through the forum it looks somewhat unique and I guess relates to the voltage not being read correctly on the DXG.
Anyone with the same problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I loathe the idea of going back to 2.5, may well just get rid of the thing if I cant find a solution.
Thanks.
v_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #306
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_v View Post
I installed 3.2.1 on my DXG and all functions are working great. But it flashes an empty battery and shuts down after sitting on standby for only 5 hours. This is with 3G turned off. Reading through the forum it looks somewhat unique and I guess relates to the voltage not being read correctly on the DXG.
Anyone with the same problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I loathe the idea of going back to 2.5, may well just get rid of the thing if I cant find a solution.
Thanks.
the developer of this hack already mentioned this problem and others have reported the battery draining overnight with 3g on. something to do with the power configuration, i don't think he had a fix for it
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #307
v_v
v_v began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, IPad, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
the developer of this hack already mentioned this problem and others have reported the battery draining overnight with 3g on. something to do with the power configuration, i don't think he had a fix for it
I saw that. Mine is draining with 3g off. But must be from the same cause.
v_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #308
khmann
Enthusiast
khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: b006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Just uploaded K2 (US) 2.3.3 (February 2010) for you
thankyou. I'm off to unpack it now and see what I can find : )
khmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #309
panteralz
panteralz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_v View Post
I saw that. Mine is draining with 3g off. But must be from the same cause.
OK. I had the same problem before. Try this first: delete all books you have copied in your DX and leave it for a couple of hours. See if the problem still there. Then you can upload all your books to DX "ONE BY ONE" .

I guess the cause of that is all because of the indexing procedure.

Last edited by panteralz; 08-07-2011 at 02:48 AM.
panteralz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #310
zelfdoen
Kindle k3-dxg fan
zelfdoen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, K3KB
Just a quick 'thank you' to yifanlu and NiLuJe.
I have been running 3.1 on DXG for six weeks now and am very happy with it. Used K3 as the source, and the whole process worked fine after I uninstalled the screensavers and font hack and the jailbreak on both machines. Then installed the screensaver hacks to make my Kindles look pretty again.
The improved PDF support on DXG is sweet, but all the other features also make the upgrade really worthwhile. So many thanks to you all (the wizards, the testers and the supporters) for extending the usefulness of our beloved Kindles.
zelfdoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #311
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelfdoen View Post
Just a quick 'thank you' to yifanlu and NiLuJe.
I have been running 3.1 on DXG for six weeks now and am very happy with it. Used K3 as the source, and the whole process worked fine after I uninstalled the screensavers and font hack and the jailbreak on both machines. Then installed the screensaver hacks to make my Kindles look pretty again.
The improved PDF support on DXG is sweet, but all the other features also make the upgrade really worthwhile. So many thanks to you all (the wizards, the testers and the supporters) for extending the usefulness of our beloved Kindles.
what's the easiest fix for getting active content working on the 3.1 firmware for dxg? ive got chess, scrabble and a few other apps i use all the time, would like to switch but don;t want to loose use of these.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #312
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
what's the easiest fix for getting active content working on the 3.1 firmware for dxg? ive got chess, scrabble and a few other apps i use all the time, would like to switch but don;t want to loose use of these.
I've said this before, but the only known fix is changing/swaping serial numbers with a kindle 3.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #313
Carlangas
Carlangas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Is there any chance to update my Kindle DXG to 3.x if I don't have a Kindle 3 nearby??
Carlangas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 AM   #314
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlangas View Post
Is there any chance to update my Kindle DXG to 3.x if I don't have a Kindle 3 nearby??
I sent you a Private Message.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #315
suiteintima
suiteintima began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Thx! I updated my DXG to 3.2.1. Do I need to jailbreak again if I wish to install other applications such as Mplayer? What jailbreak package should I use? DXG or K3?
suiteintima is offline   Reply With Quote