Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
tyke99
tyke99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle furthest page sync

The 0.7.44 release notes state 'MOBI Output: Use the book uuid as the ASIN field and set cdetype to EBOK to allow Amazon furthest read tracking to work with calibre generated MOBI files' but I have no idea how to do this.

A reply to another post says that it is automatic but giving calibre th option to do it automatically doesn't work.

The release note clearly implies that this is something you should do to achieve 'furthest page read' syncing so could someone please tell me how to do it.
tyke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyke99 View Post
The 0.7.44 release notes state 'MOBI Output: Use the book uuid as the ASIN field and set cdetype to EBOK to allow Amazon furthest read tracking to work with calibre generated MOBI files' but I have no idea how to do this.
This may confuse some, it is just saying that any conversion to mobi will now use the book uuid as the ASIN field and set cdetype to EBOK to allow Amazon furthest read tracking to work with calibre generated MOBI files.

This is a automated process that doesn't require the user to do anything other then converting a book to mobi.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
tyke99
tyke99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Tanks for that. I'll give it another try
tyke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
marcclarke
marcclarke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Wi-Fi + 3G)
So what process am I supposed to follow to get this Calibre to Kindle synchronization up and running? Does the synchronization happen only when I first connect my Kindle to Calibre?

If I have Calibre running and my Kindle 3 connected via USB and I am reading a book in Calibre's built-in reader, will the Kindle 3 know about the last page I was reading when I disconnect the Kindle 3? Or do I have to somehow trigger an update?

I'm missing a step or a concept, I fear. Please feel very free to direct me to which ever portion of the manual I'm supposed to be reading that explains this process. I have looked, but I haven't found what I'm looking for in the on-line manual (yet). Help?
marcclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
So what process am I supposed to follow to get this Calibre to Kindle synchronization up and running? Does the synchronization happen only when I first connect my Kindle to Calibre?

If I have Calibre running and my Kindle 3 connected via USB and I am reading a book in Calibre's built-in reader, will the Kindle 3 know about the last page I was reading when I disconnect the Kindle 3? Or do I have to somehow trigger an update?
The sync only happens between Kindle devices and apps. So if you set Kindle for PC (or K4MAC) as your default MOBI reading app in Calibre the last read should (might) sync with the same Calibre ebook on your Kindle 3. This happens through Amazon's servers, it has nothing to do with Calibre or with a USB connected K3 except that Calibre generated MOBIs needs to have an ASIN for the sync to work and the multiple devices need to have a copy of the same (Calibre generated) ebook file.

The basic process is: a) Amazon uploads the furthest read to its servers based on the ebook's ASIN, b) when you sync another device or app this info is downloaded from Amazon's servers (again based on ASIN).

I said using K4PC as the Calibre viewer only might work, because I have not tried it and I'm not 100% sure what K4PC does in this case. It is worth trying.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert