Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
akmatov
akmatov began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How install Calibre & Calibre Library where I choose?

OK, finally decided to install Calibre to handle the hundreds of books I have to organize.

Problem-I would like to have Calibre or at least the Calibre Library located on one of my USB external hard drives.

I can locate the Calibre program during install by going 'advanced', but it still installs the Calibre Library on my C: drive, exactly what I do not want.

This seems totally silly easy to do, but I can find no reference to being able to control the location of the Calibre Library.

Help!
akmatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmatov View Post
OK, finally decided to install Calibre to handle the hundreds of books I have to organize.

Problem-I would like to have Calibre or at least the Calibre Library located on one of my USB external hard drives.

I can locate the Calibre program during install by going 'advanced', but it still installs the Calibre Library on my C: drive, exactly what I do not want.

This seems totally silly easy to do, but I can find no reference to being able to control the location of the Calibre Library.

Help!
See the little arrow next to the Library icon in the main GUI? Use that to move or switch which library to use.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
akmatov

K, off to check it out, Thx
akmatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
akmatov