Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
netman49
Publisher
netman49 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-650, iPod Touch, iPad
New main category: e-Reader Software?

Hi,

Looking at the main categories I see "E-Book devices", but what I miss is "E-Book Reading software".

There are many so-called "reading systems" like:
  • Stanza
  • Aldiko
  • Kindle PC
  • Mobipocket PC
  • Kobo
  • Ibis Reader
  • etc.

They all have their own characteristics and ways they interpret the CSS for example. So when you create an eBook in certain formats, let's say Mobi and ePub, the result can be different per reading system. (Reminds me of the "browser war").

So sharing experiences on that area could be helpful.

Thanks!
netman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well there is a forum devoted to this topic. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110 and the amount of traffic it gets doesn't warrant dividing it into 8 or 10 forums.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
netman49
Publisher
netman49 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-650, iPod Touch, iPad
OK, great.
I thought that forum was only about eBooks. I guess I can start a thread about Stanza Reader in that forum.
netman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman49 View Post
OK, great.
I thought that forum was only about eBooks. I guess I can start a thread about Stanza Reader in that forum.
Certainly, the forum is specifically about software used to read and/or manage eBooks. There is also a great deal of information on this topic in our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote