Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_ View Post
I saw on Sony video that this screen can react on finger taps and also the precise work with stylus is possible. Is this true for future Onyx reader?
The Sony Reader may use both IR and digitizer. IR is used for finger touch and digitizer for precise work. That's why the declared that the reader can last 3 weeks instead 2 months which is achieved in other Sony Readers.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
if you do a lot of work with the digitzer to scribble and marking text in pdf e.g than the battery life of the M92 last 3-4 weeks, too
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #18
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeng View Post
The Sony Reader may use both IR and digitizer. IR is used for finger touch and digitizer for precise work. That's why the declared that the reader can last 3 weeks instead 2 months which is achieved in other Sony Readers.
Maybe so...
But I asked about sensor technology which will be used in the future Onyx reader. And I can confirm that Dolansky said. When I often use the selecting text or scribbling and erasing functions, the battery power drains very quickly.

And one more question: may be you know, is it possible to somehow increase IR sensor sensitivity on i62xx models? I can't use anything that is thiner than my finger or thick capacitive stylus to operate with my I62HD.
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #19
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
I think we should petition Onyx that with dropping development of Linux devices they release FULL sources of software. What are they going to do with them anyway?
Yes, that would be an absolutely good idea, I'd support you. I'd really love to be able to change the settings myself without destroying whatever there is by just overwriting files in the firmware. For example, being able to give the device a static IP would be gorgeous. I just cannot use the browser without it.
Moinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
David20100704
David20100704 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hey! Don't panic!

We will definitely keep supporting of all our current devices. They are not "old" at all. We still have big demand for them (especially M92) and we still order them by Onyx. So why shall we drop supporting?
With the Ubuntu Linux coming to phones and tablets, perhaps you could shift them to that for longer term support? Unfortunately, we will not know whether that will be any good for eBook reading until next year.

I just want a larger screen for my age weakened eyes. Hopefully, the Sony large screen reader will prove there is at least a niche market there for that.

Scribe with a Stylus
David20100704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #21
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_ View Post
Maybe so...

And one more question: may be you know, is it possible to somehow increase IR sensor sensitivity on i62xx models? I can't use anything that is thiner than my finger or thick capacitive stylus to operate with my I62HD.
Pooh, what I did with my i62HD and i62HD ML was to go to the art supply store and buy an oil paint brush size No. 1. It has stiff bristles and is wide enough to get the IR reader's attention, yet small enough to be precise. The shape of the brush is wide and flat and you can rotate the brush at an angle to make the pointing even more narrow yet it gets tracked by the IR.

Hope this suggestion helps you out.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote