Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #271
stoney77
Enthusiast
stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2e, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, iPad Pro, Kindle Oasis
Thanks, Guitarizt for your tracking record. I still haven't received mine and the USPS site says it's in Chicago as of May 8 at 8:31 pm. No further updates. Based on your experience, I have a feeling it will just show up in the next couple of days.
stoney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #272
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarizt View Post
Here's my Aura's journey.
I work a mile from the Elk Grove Village sort facility.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #273
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
I'm sorry all ya'll have had issues (yes, I'm a Southern US Redneck- sorry). Mine was shipped by FedEx. Don't know if that made the difference.
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #274
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I work a mile from the Elk Grove Village sort facility.
Think of all the Auras you could plunder!
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #275
stoney77
Enthusiast
stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I still have not received my Aura and I can't get any updated information from USPS on what's going on. The last update was May 8 at 8:31 pm--3 days ago saying it was in Chicago. I called USPS and they gave me the same info with no idea about any delivery date.

Has anybody actually received their package without getting any updates after Chicago? What good is the tracking system if it never updates? This is so frustrating.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #276
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney77 View Post
I still have not received my Aura and I can't get any updated information from USPS on what's going on. The last update was May 8 at 8:31 pm--3 days ago saying it was in Chicago. I called USPS and they gave me the same info with no idea about any delivery date.

Has anybody actually received their package without getting any updates after Chicago? What good is the tracking system if it never updates? This is so frustrating.
You have a duplicate post in the thread below to which I commented (#37):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...15#post2511215
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #277
stoney77
Enthusiast

Thanks for your response, Skydog. I posted in the other thread also because of the discussion about purchasing and receiving the Aura. Other people who got their Aura through USPS were given complete tracking info unlike me and your friend.

I appreciate your telling about your friend's exact same shipping experience. I'm hoping for a Monday arrival but who knows? The USPS always has some surprises up their sleeves.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #278
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for your response, Skydog. I posted in the other thread also because of the discussion about purchasing and receiving the Aura. Other people who got their Aura through USPS were given complete tracking info unlike me and your friend.

I appreciate your telling about your friend's exact same shipping experience. I'm hoping for a Monday arrival but who knows? The USPS always has some surprises up their sleeves.
I know how frustrating it is -- especially given the hassles dealing with Kobo to begin with. It isn't all that surprising that there is no info although it is certainly inconsistent with others' experiences. You will probably see your Aura sometime this week.

As a side note, the USPS contracts all their flying to other companies which is one reason there is a difference in deliveries.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #279
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
USPS tracking is notoriously awful. I suspect your package is on a truck, and is much closer to you than Chicago.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #280
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
USPS tracking is notoriously awful. I suspect your package is on a truck, and is much closer to you than Chicago.
Probably, but also remember that Mother's Day is tomorrow. That is probably slowing things down. A friend who works for Fedex said today was much busier than any day before Christmas, and I would imagine the mail is the same leading up to Mother's day.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #281
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
I got a Frieq Bubble cover from Amazon shipped Fedex from Phoenix yesterday at 7pm. It was at my door before 11am this morning.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #282
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Do the Frieq sleeves have any rigidity in them, to protect against torsion? It looks like they don't, from the pictures, but I'm just wondering.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #283
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Do the Frieq sleeves have any rigidity in them, to protect against torsion? It looks like they don't, from the pictures, but I'm just wondering.
Yes, they do have added support. One can feel some kind of flexible plastic in each side that gives the case some rigidity to hold a device in place with the tabs as well as additional protection in general. The case is not flimsy (as most neoprene cases tend to be).
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #284
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:

That's the USPS for you. After Chicago, the only other tracking update I got was when it was out for delivery already.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #285
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Maybe it is caused by USPS slowing budget increases. Years past I had good tracking of packages from PCB Florida to New York and to west coast cities.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote