Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #721
vstancea
vstancea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT / Duokan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fholiveira View Post
Hey guys,

I needed to translate the Dk for my Kindle 3; to simplify my work, i made a application that manages the translation files... it's a very, very simple app, but usefull. With my app you can:

View/edit the translations files of Duokan
View all available translations for certain key (sentence)
Maintain a version control of your translations

Here is a screen shot:
Spoiler:

If anyone is interested, the source code is in my GitHub:
https://github.com/fholiveira/TradutorDuokan

Please feel free to make any comment.

p.s. Sorry about my poor english...
Hi, can you tell me how to use your software, and first how to start it And does your app work also for the K4 Doukan version?

Also, does anybody know how can I convert a *.prc dictionary to stardict?

Last edited by vstancea; 09-15-2012 at 10:13 AM.
vstancea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #722
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
i have a problem in duokan.i created a folder in kindle usb root or /mnt/us in ssh named DK_Music.i put some mp3 songs in it but the songs never show up on the home book menu of duokan where we choose books. what am I doing wrong?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #723
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
i put some mp3 songs in it but the songs never show up on the home book menu of duokan where we choose books. what am I doing wrong?
You should run the music player from the menu
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #724
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilhopkins View Post
Just installed the latest version of duokan 2012-09-07.15422.rtm.....looks good.
-1 Earlier I had problems with the index particularly in image based pdfs....That's rectified.
- 2 Page turns are much faster and smooth
- 3 Didn't experience any crashes so far....Earlier versions there were some crashes
- 10 Bookmarks Anyone try that out yet. When I tried to bookmark it just opened up the bookmarks section which is all in Chinese...I've already selected English and all menu items show English except for bookmarks. Did anyone else experience this? Please help fix this
- 4 Also in Root Folder A---what is it?
- 5 In the 2nd page of settings what is the 3rd option after Battery ratio mode
- 6 Has anyone tried the bookstore...Is it only for a chinese books?
- 7 How does the wifi data transfer work?
- 8 What is QiuShiBaiKe? I've seen this in a lot of previous versions, but would like to know more about it if it s helpful
- 9 Anyone register for the Account Center? What are the benefits

Please do read and answer!!!!
Thanks a lot!
7- first start it from the menu and use the IP that appears on the Kindle screen on Windows' file browser screen
6- most probably yes.
9- you can use some features like send to Duokan.
5,4 try to take a screenshot (or a clear photo), then use a OCR (ABBYY Fine Reader, etc) and Google translator
10- take a look at to DK_System/xKindle/res/language/English.txt. If there is somr nontranslated items then try to translate them using Google translator. if this is not related then use kindleuser@duokan.com to report it to the developers
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #725
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
I am using Chinese kt duokan so I don't know how to start the music player. could some one post screenshots of the buttons I have to tap to get there
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #726
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
I am using Chinese kt duokan so I don't know how to start the music player. could some one post screenshots of the buttons I have to tap to get there
Can you post a screenshot when the menu is open. (taking screenshot similar to the way on KindleOS)
Old 09-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #727
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does Doukan have folder support?

or is it still the stupid collection system we are lumbered with from amazon?
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #728
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
Does Doukan have folder support?
it has.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #729
chezz
chezz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fholiveira View Post
Hey guys,

I needed to translate the Dk for my Kindle 3; to simplify my work, i made a application that manages the translation files... it's a very, very simple app, but usefull. With my app you can:

View/edit the translations files of Duokan
View all available translations for certain key (sentence)
Maintain a version control of your translations

Here is a screen shot:
Spoiler:

If anyone is interested, the source code is in my GitHub:
https://github.com/fholiveira/TradutorDuokan

Please feel free to make any comment.

p.s. Sorry about my poor english...
I'm interested, how do I use this software?
chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #730
theusualuser
Enthusiast
theusualuser doesn't littertheusualuser doesn't litter

Device: none
I could use some help if anyone's got some advice. I just updated OTA to the latest version (2012-09-17.15754.rtm) and I can't shut my Kindle off anymore. It either just seems to turn off and then turns right back onto the main screen, or if I hold it long enough it will reboot. Either way, I'm stuck. The only workaround I've found is to reboot into the original Kindle OS, and then shut it down. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I DO have quite a few of my books in .epub format, so it's a little annoying to have to boot into Duokan to read those, then boot into Kindle, then shut it off. If anyone can think of a reason why this is happening, I'd love to know. I don't have any weird tweaks on my Duokan. I do have a different font, but it's standard with the OS, and I may have changed the default font size, I don't remember.
theusualuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #731
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theusualuser View Post
I just updated OTA to the latest version (2012-09-17.15754.rtm) and I can't shut my Kindle off anymore. It either just seems to turn off and then turns right back onto the main screen, or if I hold it long enough it will reboot.
You can download the instalation file then install it manually: Just overwrite the DK_System folder then restart. (you can download from here: www.duokan.com)

I also recommend you to send a report to this email: kindleuser@duokan.com

Last edited by thomass; 09-21-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #732
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
@theusualuser

I'm using 2012-09-14.15702.rtm version without problems, try to upload manually this version to your kindle
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #733
fholiveira
fholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with othersfholiveira plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Duokan translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezz View Post
I'm interested, how do I use this software?
You can download the program here.

Just execute, insert the directory of translation files and the name of translation that you can edit/create.
fholiveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #734
sebliminal
sebliminal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
R6.2 in English...

Just installed R6.2 on my Kindle Touch - using Google Translate and a bit of guesswork, I've found the setting that has a dropdown to change language:

However, it seems to be greyed out; I've checked in the install folder on the Kindle and there is an English.txt file in the language folder; any ideas how I can get it in English?

Thanks
sebliminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #735
nitrobg
nitrobg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I have noticed a font smoothing issue in Duokan 2012 on K4NT, it's been there since I remember it.
The fonts are displayed extremely crispy and I haven't found a way to fix it. It's like the book is being printed with the printer running out of ink.
The issue does not exist in the stock firmware, but I'd like to use Duokan for reading.

I could provide a screenshot of the issue, but I can't find a way to do so on Duokan.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
nitrobg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf