Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
Pete1983
Pete1983 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis 1
cli request for ebook location / ebook download

Hi,
I'm working on a bash script to automatically convert my ebooks to another format and add them to the library.

It starts with a search that spits out id author and title from which i have used as variables to give ebook-convert the location and filename (guessed) of the original to convert then to calibredb add_format to add it as an aditional format on the existing book.

I am coming up against an issue that some of the file names are contractions for length... is there a way of querying the db for the filename and location of the ebook format? or of requesting its download to a location i can then convert and add back to the library?

I am just starting out with bash scripts and this is proving to be a fun project so any help would be appreciated!

many thanks
Pete1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb list --search id:1234 --fields formats --for-machine

or use

calibredb export

to export formats. See calibredb export --help
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote