Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
handycrowd
handycrowd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10gen
Bullet,numbers, indents and alignment greyed out in code view.

Hello,
New to Sigil but loving working in HTML so far. I have a question though. Can anyone tell me why the icons for bullets, numbers, indents and alignment are greyed out in code view?

Many thanks if you take the time to answer, and if I'm missing something a sheep could figure out...
Ian
handycrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Indents and alignment are irrelevant in Code View. When it comes to ordered and unordered lists (number and bullets), a certain level of html proficiency is assumed when using Code View. Code View is for writing html code. So there is very little that is done for the user in that regard.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
handycrowd

Okay, it was just easy to run though using the heading, bold etc. tags which do work, and I just wondered.

I'm working with a 400 plus page book after getting totally frustrated with the mess WORD left behind and the 20mb file size. The 'nuclear' option seemed sensible at the time. 8000 lines of code later...
Old 02-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
Sounds like a ton of manual HTML work. You might want to consider using the CustomerCleanerPlus plugin which will thoroughly clean out either an imported HTML file or an epub in Sigil. This plugin does two things -- it will clean out all the dross, redundant code from the html as well as do its best to ensure epub 2 HTML compliance. This plugin is an epub-specific cleaner. It also has lots of other options as well, which might be useful to you.

All you have to do is save your Word doc as Web Page HTML(Filtered) and import that into Sigil. Then just run the plugin. This plugin also cleans out standard epubs in Sigil as well.

Last edited by slowsmile; 02-13-2018 at 08:21 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:29 AM   #5
handycrowd

custom html cleaning options....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
CustomerCleanerPlus
Oh, wish I'd known about that! I did take a quick look in the plugins directory (I'm used to plugins over at getpaint.net) but didn't see anything I thought I could use because I was thinking WORD doc, forgetting that it was now HTML .

Thanks for the heads up!
Cheers
Ian

Last edited by handycrowd; 02-13-2018 at 03:32 AM.
Advert

Tags
bullets, greyed out, icons, indents, numbers