Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Christmas Stories, authors, and titles available on MobileRead

Please join me (and others) in beefing up our Christmas selections.

The initial thread for reference:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...967#post302967

I have two and I'm working on SANTA CLAUS'S PARTNER, right now.

Gutenberg link of Christmas Stories:

www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Christmas_(Bookshelf)

This thread will also serve as a link and/or mention thread for titles/authors/works dealing with Christmas available here on MobileRead.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-08-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Changed title to reflect Christmas titles available on MobileRead
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Perhaps we also need stories for Chanukah, Diwali and the winter solstice.
Meanwhile happy Eid al-Adha, everyone.

(It's today.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Adha
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Pastafarians, Rejoice!

Treasure Island is available in Mobipocket.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...obert+treasure
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Please join me (and others) in beefing up our Christmas selections.

The initial thread for reference:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...967#post302967

I have two and I'm working on SANTA CLAUS'S PARTNER, right now.

Gutenberg link of Christmas Stories:
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Christmas_(Bookshelf)

Don
Dr. Drib, you'll have to fix your Christmas Bookshelf link to include the closing parenthesis in the link.

And yeah, I'll try to contribute to this. It's a cool project. How do we know which books we're working on so that there's no duplication?
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gift of the Magi is already up in an O'Henry Omnibus.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Dr. Drib, you'll have to fix your Christmas Bookshelf link to include the closing parenthesis in the link.

And yeah, I'll try to contribute to this. It's a cool project. How do we know which books we're working on so that there's no duplication?
Let me see if this does it:

www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Christmas_(Bookshelf)
Old 12-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I fixed it for you, Don.

I'll convert and upload A Kidnapped Santa Claus, by L. Frank Baum.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I fixed it for you, Don.

I'll convert and upload A Kidnapped Santa Claus, by L. Frank Baum.
Thanks, Nate. I was having some trouble with that, although I think I was attempting to fix it while you too were actually fixing it!

I see the very first link doesn't work, but the second now does. Perhaps I messed up that first link, after you fixed it?

Don
Old 12-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
alright, nobody touch any more links. they should all work now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Pastafarians, Rejoice!

rejoice !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:

I was going to give you karma for making me actually laugh out loud, but it's too soon after my last karma. So this will have to do:
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm formatting three short stories by Louisa May Alcott. Found them in 3 different PG books, so this collection will be unique for MobileRead.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post

Yes, thank you for the heads-up on the broken link.

And, yes, contributions are always welcome.

Don
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
bambi211
bambi211 began at the beginning.

Device: PDA
I always love "The Polar Express" in paperback for Christmas but still I want to read it again in ebook format.
bambi211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I'm about to upload 3 books by Laura Lee Hope.

I might start uploading books again. These were relatively painless to do.

Tags
christmas