Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #61
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Wish List!

I have decided that I want a super-cheap basic Kindle.

If you see it for $50 again, please let me know!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:04 PM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Early Prime Day Offers -- limited time

Amazon Echo================================================== ==========

Amz Fire Tab
  • Fire Tab 11th Gen -- 2021 --> price per each when you buy any two
  • $180 -- Fire HD 10 Plus -------- $142.50
  • $150 -- Fire HD 10 -------------- $112.50
  • $200 -- Fire HD 10 Kids -------- $140.00

• Fire Tab 9th Gen -- 2019
  • $150 -- Fire HD 10 -------------- $125
================================================== ==========

Amazon Kindle --> price per each when you buy any two qualifying Kindles -- SALE OVER================================================== ==========

Amazon Fire TV================================================== ==========
  • Prices ----> black = retail / red = sale
  • Models ---> blue = current gen / black = previous gen
================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-17-2021 at 03:37 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #63
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Amazon's gift card promotion $10/$40 sold out.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:19 PM   #64
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Amazon's gift card promotion $10/$40 sold out.
Thanks

Looks like they're going to offer another promo on Prime Day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GCSO.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	187678   Click image for larger version

Name:	NGCP.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	187679  
Old 06-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #65
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
If you've made purchases in the past week or so, check to see if you qualified for the $10 credit from purchasing from a small business. It'll pop up and tell you the deal is no longer available, but if you already qualified you'll be able to claim it.

This year it was definitely random. I checked carefully on every purchase I made and not a single one had a message saying it qualified. I also didn't receive an e-mail telling me I earned the credit, but it was there to claim when I checked that link today. So be certain to check, you may have a surprise $10 credit as well.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2021, 12:37 AM   #66
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
If you've made purchases in the past week or so, check to see if you qualified for the $10 credit from purchasing from a small business. It'll pop up and tell you the deal is no longer available, but if you already qualified you'll be able to claim it.

This year it was definitely random. I checked carefully on every purchase I made and not a single one had a message saying it qualified. I also didn't receive an e-mail telling me I earned the credit, but it was there to claim when I checked that link today. So be certain to check, you may have a surprise $10 credit as well.
I just got this deal too and came to mention it. Not sure which item I bought qualified but it should come in handy.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #67
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post

This is extremely duplicitous on Amazon’s part, as the deal still shows on the landing page, at least for me. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out something to order that would qualify, because why not?

But I blame myself, because I shudda known better.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #68
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

5 things NOT to buy on Amazon Prime Day

Quote:
Amazon’s AMZN, 1.08% annual Prime Day is just around the corner — but before you click “buy now” you may want to reconsider whether or not you’re getting a good deal.
Quote:
This year’s Prime Day is also unique from prior ones given the global microchip shortage, which is disrupting the manufacturing supply chains for cars as well as gaming equipment and computers.

Hence consumers shouldn’t expect to see any markdowns on highly sought-after PS5s SONY, -1.90%, Nintendo Switches 7974, -2.80% or higher-end computers, retail experts told MarketWatch.

Here are 4 other items to think twice before buying on Amazon Prime Day:
Quote:
Furniture and clothing

Consumers may want to postpone home goods purchases until July Fourth sales events kickoff, said Kristin McGrath, editor and shopping expert at BlackFriday.com
Quote:
TVs and gaming systems

On Prime Day, consumers shouldn’t expect to see TVs “discounted across the board,” McGrath said. “Amazon is going to be plugging its Fire TVs, but there’s certainly not going to be the absolute best prices on the absolute best models,” she added.

Right before the holidays is a better time to get a good deal on a TV because “they’re very giftable items,” so retailers tend to offer discounts across a wider range of models.
Quote:
Prime Day vs. Walmart and Target

It’s nearly impossible to know in advance if shoppers could save more money through Walmart’s Deals for Days WMT, -1.81% promotional event, Target’s Deal Days TGT, -0.42% or Best Buy’s BBY, -2.19% Bigger Deals.
see article for complete details...
Old 06-16-2021, 04:59 PM   #69
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This is extremely duplicitous on Amazon’s part, as the deal still shows on the landing page, at least for me. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out something to order that would qualify, because why not?

But I blame myself, because I shudda known better.
I don't think that link was intended to be a landing page for everyone and that might be part of the issue there. When I qualified for the deal I was sent an email specifically about it that went to the equivalent of this page with a different URL.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #70
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy's 'Bigger Deal Savings Event' features Amazon Prime Day-worthy discounts through June 22

Quote:
Amazon Prime Day takes place June 21 and 22, and every year Best Buy turns up to offer discounts too.

Best Buy's 'Bigger Deal Savings Event' runs from June 15 through June 22.

We've highlighted the best deals available now, though better discounts will likely crop up during June 21 and 22.
Quote:
Best Buy has joined the fray of retailers offering competing discounts for Amazon Prime Day with one major perk: Best Buy's sale starts June 15.

The 'Bigger Deal Savings Event' runs from now through June 22, fully encapsulating Prime Day. We've answered questions about the event below, and highlighted some of the best deals you can grab now.
Quote:
Is Best Buy holding a competing Amazon Prime Day 2021 sale?

This year, Best Buy is holding its own 'Bigger Deal Savings Event' to compete with Amazon during Prime Day 2021.

The sale starts June 15 and lasts through June 22; it features promotions and discounts on laptops, TVs, audio, kitchen appliances, and much more.

more...
Old 06-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #71
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Day Sales -- YMMV

Best Buy's "Prime Day" sale is live!

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-16-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:48 PM   #72
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
A word of warning about Best Buy. Best Buy is notorious for convincing computer manufacturers to sell them a stripped down model that has the same model number as sold at other stores, but fewer options. Hence they can sell it for less money. Also, if you buy in store, Best Buy is notorious for repackaging returned items and selling them as new. Twice I bought cordless phones from them that were supposedly new, but when I turned them on they were already programmed with someone’s contacts. I’ve read a lot of similar complaints about them on both of these issues. So beware if you buy from Best Buy. If it is a computer, make sure to thoroughly compare the description on Best Buy and other retail stores that sell the same model to ensure Best Buy hasn’t offered a stripped down version.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #73
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Day Deals Preview: Two Days, More Than 2 Million Deals, Starting June 21

Quote:
Prime Day starts at 12 a.m. PDT on June 21, offering 48 hours of epic savings and more than 2 million deals

Save up to 40% on Graco baby products, up to 40% on select C9 Champion apparel, 50% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service Kit, 40% on select Sony and JBL headphones, and $10 when you spend $40 or more on select DEWALT tools

Prime members can score huge savings from top brands including HP, Revlon, Columbia, LEGO, Bissell, and Amazon Devices

Teachers, students, and parents can save on Back-to-School shopping with Prime Day deals on top brands including Crayola and Stasher through Amazon’s Back-to-School storefront starting today
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 17, 2021-- (NASDAQ: AMZN) —Amazon is releasing details today about some of the 2 million deals available for Prime members in 20 countries on Prime Day. The savings extravaganza has more deals than any Prime Day before and will start on June 21 at 12 a.m. PDT (3 a.m. EDT). Prime Day will feature something for everyone—from tech lovers and fashionistas to college students and even pets, giving Prime members everything they need for a summer of fun. Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day, get access to fast and free shipping, and enjoy entertainment benefits like Prime Video, Prime Music, and more.

more...
Old 06-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Day Deals Preview

NOTE: the following is just a select preview. See the press release for a complete preview.

Quote:
Find a preview of Prime Day deals below.

Electronics: Save on select HP products and select laptops, desktops, and monitors from brands like Acer, ASUS, and LG. Additionally, save up to 40% on Amazon Basics electronics, 40% on select Sony and JBL headphones, up to 20% on 4K TVs from top brands, and 25% on Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Mario and Luigi editions from Nintendo.

Smart Home: Save 38% on a bundle featuring the latest smart lock from August, the Smart Lock Pro, and a 3rd Gen Echo Dot and 30% on select smart home devices from TP Link, Sengled, GE, Sylvania, and more.

Amazon Devices: Save up to 50% off Amazon Fire TV devices including the Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote ($24.99); 30% on Luna Controller ($48.99); up to 70% on Echo devices including Echo Show 8, 2nd Gen ($94.99) and Echo Auto ($14.99); up to 50% on Fire tablets and accessory bundles including the all-new Fire HD 10 ($79.99) and Fire HD 8 Kids ($69.99); up to 40% on Ring devices including Ring Video Doorbell Wired ($44.99) and Ring Alarm 5-piece kit ($119.99); up to 40% off Kindle devices including the Kindle Paperwhite ($79.99) and Kindle Kids Edition ($64.99); over 40% off Blink devices including Blink Mini ($19.99); 35% off eero devices including the Amazon eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system three pack ($181) and 30% off the Amazon Halo Band ($69.99).
Quote:
Amazon Music: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get our best deal ever—four months of the premium subscription service free, with unlimited access to more than 75 million songs ad-free and millions of podcast episodes. In addition, with the purchase of select Amazon Echo devices, Prime members new to Amazon Music Unlimited can get six months of the premium subscription service free.

Prime Video: Enjoy a selection of titles to rent or buy at up to 50% off. And for a limited time, customers will be able to subscribe to select channels for $0.99 per month for up to two months if they are not already subscribed. Only pay for the channels you want and cancel anytime. A full list of Prime Video deals, including the offer window for each, can be found at amazon.com/primememberdeals.

Kindle Unlimited: Prime members who are new to Kindle Unlimited get four months free with a new subscription. Kindle Unlimited readers can read as much as they want from an ever-growing selection of over 2 million eBooks, thousands of audiobooks, comics, short reads, and magazines, including blockbuster titles like The Hunger Games trilogy, The Other Emily by Dean Koontz, Drown Her Sorrows by Melinda Leigh, In Her Tracks by Robert Dugoni, and Take the Lead by Jessica Simpson. Find out more at amazon.com/ku.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #75
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I love the major holidays. . .
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote