Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
Bilal93
Bilal93 began at the beginning.

Device: SkyEpub
Changing the page progression direction from rtl to ltr for multiple epubs

Hello dears,

I have over 700 ePubs version 2 in Arabic, and the books open from right to left.

I want them to open from left to right, because the reader I use (SkyEpub) creates a white page after every each chapter on iOS if it is rtl, and I do not want this issue to occur, so I change it on caliber editor to be ltr from package.opf file by changing:
<spine toc="ncx" page-progression-direction="rtl">

to:
<spine toc="ncx">

and the problem is solved. But my question: is there a way to do this automatically for all the 700 eBooks through bulk conversion? I mean is there a way to change all of them to be ltr without opening each one and modify it manually?

If there are ways other than conversion to do this (e.g.: plugin...etc.), please advise.

Thanks for any help.
Bilal93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No builtin way, but it should be possible to write a plugin to do it. You can use the quality check plugin as a base to build on.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It would probably be better to start with the Modify ePub plugin. It already has functions to change elements in the OPF, so adding something like this shouldn't be that hard. If you ask in the thread for the plugin, someone might be interested in doing it (sorry, not me at the moment).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:25 AM   #4
Bilal93
Bilal93 began at the beginning.

Device: SkyEpub
Thank you so much dears, appreciated. Unfortunately I don't know how to write a plugin.

Is there anybody willing to write this plugin? It is urgent and I need it as soon as possible. Sure it will be paid.

Last edited by Bilal93; 04-22-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Bilal93 is offline   Reply With Quote