Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
elk84
elk84 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
How to use Multimedia on Sony PRS-505 with PRS+ software?

Hi!

I have silly question (hope not so silly :-) - How to use "Multimedia" menu on my PRS-505 with alternative firmware PRS+? With original software I could play MP3 files and display .jpg pictures without any problem, but with PRS+ software those menu always show no files (even with folder browsing feature I could not see my mp3/jpg files).
I'm suspecting that this feature (i.e. playing multimedia files) is not supported on this reader model, but could not find it anywhere stated clearly.

Could anyone give me an advice how to play those files (or simply say "No, you couldn't do this on PRS-505")?

BTW, I like PRS+ (among other things) for possibility of customizing every key on device. Nice feature, but I could not find any list of default functions of all keys. (I suspect that there are some nice shortcuts defined by default, but I'm not aware of them).

Regards:
elk84
elk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi elk84,

Welcome to the MobileRead forum.

Try selecting 'PRS+ Settings' from the Main menu, then 'Menu Customizer'. It will give you the option to change one or more settings for what you want to appear as the 10 items on the Main menu. Choose one of the slots, containing an option you can do without, then 'Menu item'. The complete list of options is listed. Pick 'Audio'. Repeat with another slot for 'Pictures' then go back to the Main menu.

From there choose Settings - Advanced - Device Shutdown to reboot. When you switch on again the 'Audio' option (and/or 'Picture option) should appear on the Main menu in the slot(s) you customised.

As for default functions of all keys, I would think the User Guide pdf which came with the PRS505 might help.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
For the pre-build PRS+2.0.12 beta jackie_w is correct,
this is a known bug in PRS+, which is already fixed with current state of the repository.

You can try to build a custom installer from current repository (see BuildingPRS+ (and get Standby-Image with the option to choose the title-page of the current book as Standby-Image, yes even with your PRS-505 ) or wait for the forthcoming version 2.0.13.
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
elk84
elk84 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi!

Thank you for your answers.

To Jakie: At first, I have thinking you don't understood me, but after reading Mark answer, I have had a brainwave :-) (not sure how to say it in English "I have suddenly understood it").
Indeed - bringing those menus to main level solved problem!

As about default keys, I have readed both PRS-505 and PRS+ user manuals but they are useless in this matter.

To Mark Nord: Thank you for your suggestion - I hope I will find some time to tray it soon.

One again - Thanks for your help!

elk84
elk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk84 View Post
As about default keys, I have readed both PRS-505 and PRS+ user manuals but they are useless in this matter.
I don't think so.
Default is just default, in other words default is the function assigned to a key by (unmodified) Sony FW.
e.g:
  • Prev.Page-default is simply Prev.Page
  • Hold Prev.Page-default is fast forward
a.s.o

Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert