Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-04-2021, 12:34 AM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Sony PRS-300RC Digital Reader Pocket Edition - Rose $48

Talk about a blast from the past!
I loved these Sony ereaders back in the day, especially this cute red version; sold a few in my store and still have a black PRS-350 in my collection.

Sony PRS-300RC Digital Reader Pocket Edition - Rose

$48.10 with free shipping from VIPOUTLET, 3rd party seller on Newegg.
Does not indicate whether new or refurb; battery life may be poor (IMHO).
I have bought from VIPOUTLET before, they are reputable and have paid refunds for defective returned items and non-received items.

Link: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16858201033

Specs
Screen Size 5"
Screen Type E-Ink Vizplex
Grey Scale 8-level gray scale
Resolution 800 x 600 pixels
Display Features Vizplex
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
You can pick these up on Shopgoodwill.com for around $20 if you watch the auctions.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Isn't the battery about 12-13 years old?

I would be extremely wary of buying one to actually use.

It might be interesting to have it framed and put on the wall. In fact, one could have a whole color-schemed collection.

How many different colors were there?

I still have the older brother/sister (?) to the 300, the 505 back in the U.S.A., but I haven't turned it on in 11 or so years.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Isn't the battery about 12-13 years old?

I would be extremely wary of buying one to actually use.

It might be interesting to have it framed and put on the wall. In fact, one could have a whole color-schemed collection.

How many different colors were there?

I still have the older brother/sister (?) to the 300, the 505 back in the U.S.A., but I haven't turned it on in 11 or so years.
I know my 650 needs a new battery. I wonder if the battery even would hold enough charge to boot at this point.

The 350 was release in 2010 and discontinued in 2011. So the battery is rather old and most likely in need of replacement.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-04-2021 at 09:57 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:25 PM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I found a couple of my old Sony Readers not too long ago (a 505 and a 300) and tried to charge/boot both of them. Neither would hold enough charge.

I loved both of those, but later defaulted to reading on my phone since it is almost always with me, and and doesn't bother my eyes the way it does for some folks.

Still, it is fun just to enjoy the elegant designs...I really liked the Sony designs..
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:19 PM   #6
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
This discussion inspired me to dig out my 350. I had changed the battery around 2014 (new, bought off eBay) and then stopped using it in favor of the new shiny Aura H20. It is charging up now so I'll see what books I have on it that I never got around to reading!

ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #7
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I've got many Sonys. Probably too many!

My T2 and T3 still hold a decent charge as do my 350's. Haven't tried the rest in a while so no idea. My T3 is what I read on daily. I charge it every other week or so.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:30 AM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I've got many Sonys. Probably too many!

My T2 and T3 still hold a decent charge as do my 350's. Haven't tried the rest in a while so no idea. My T3 is what I read on daily. I charge it every other week or so.
That's been my experience with all my old Sonys — all but one keeps a a fairly decent charge. Even a PRS-500 will go for a few days. I don't know what Sony put into this batteries, but they seem to be a few cuts above most.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:56 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A PRS350, or other PRSx50 would seem worth $48, but I looked at a cheaper than $48 PRS300 and decided it was too much more basic.
I did get a S/H PRS350 as a present nearly 2 years ago and it's fine.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote