Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #46
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thank You ! Good to know !
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #47
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I was very tempted to get a refurbished one with the cellular option being only $20 more (instead of $75 more). Still talking myself out of it as I have plenty of ereaders (but only ONE Voyage!!).
I know I felt the same, but I love my Voyage. I did get a spare AND the battery can be changed ! According to rcentros post up thread ! Not many can have the battery changed anymore. The refurbished cellular sounds like a good deal too
Advert
Old 08-28-2018, 03:21 AM   #48
azt33
Connoisseur
azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Ah this is bad news! I would love to grab a cellular version to have as a back up, but my Kindle Voyage has been awesome for the past 3 years. I am definitely going to stick with this one until it dies on me, hopefully that’ll take many many years (and books!).
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #49
Dajeil
Dajeil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, OA2, Kobo Mini
The Voyage is showing as being in stock on September 4
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Kind...=kindle+voyage
Dajeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #50
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajeil View Post
The Voyage is showing as being in stock on September 4
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Kind...=kindle+voyage
Well, that's unexpected. Currently no new ones advertised here in the U.S. Now if the Voyage would just show up again in the Kindle comparison line-up.

EDIT: Actually, looking closer, there are new Voyages for sale on Amazon (by Amazon) just – currently – no WiFi ones with special offers.

If you go here ...

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle.../dp/B00IOY8XWQ

Click "Available From These Sellers" — then choose "WiFi & Free Cellular Connectivity," or "Without special offers" (or both) you will see listings at the bottom for new Voyages, sold and shipped by Amazon. $220 without special offers. $270 with cellular and $290 without special offers and with cellular. So they aren't giving you any discount, but (if Amazon can be believed) new ones ARE available.

Last edited by rcentros; 08-28-2018 at 12:54 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #51
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
The link for me is showing that

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #52
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Currently it says "4 left in stock. More on the way" when I put US as my country. Bizarre.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:37 AM   #53
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, now this morning it changed again for me and says more will be in stock September 7

Still, Amazon has removed it from the menu completely AND from the comparison charts. I still see this as only temporary due to that.

They wouldn't remove major menu links and comparison charts if it was just a temporarily out of stock issue that they planned to keep going. Otherwise they would just throw an Out of Stock sign up and leave the links and comparisons be.

I never owned a Voyage but it seemed like a well respected product. We shall see! I know it's unrealistic and not likely but I'm hoping they release new Kindle Upgrades and new lines this Fall (SOON)
Old 08-29-2018, 10:39 AM   #54
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Oh wait nevermind, this link was for the UK this time

In the US it is still just offering refurbished or used, none new, so that hasn't changed.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #55
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Oh wait nevermind, this link was for the UK this time

In the US it is still just offering refurbished or used, none new, so that hasn't changed.
Did you try following the directions by rcentros in post #50 for getting to the page selling the Voyage?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #56
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Did you try following the directions by rcentros in post #50 for getting to the page selling the Voyage?
I just did these instructions and see a "new" option buried at the bottom under Used by Amazon for Cellular Connection. Wi-Fi Only just lists Used Options for me.

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 08-29-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #57
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I just did these instructions and see a "new" option buried at the bottom under Used by Amazon for Cellular Connection. Wi-Fi Only just lists Used Options for me.
Did you try wifi only with no special offers? (Increases cost by $20, but gets rid of ads.)

Doesn't matter at the moment, because it has gone back to unavailable in any configuration,
so you just have to keep checking. Last night, they had wifi only
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #58
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Did you try wifi only with no special offers? (Increases cost by $20, but gets rid of ads.)

Doesn't matter at the moment, because it has gone back to unavailable in any configuration,
so you just have to keep checking. Last night, they had wifi only
And now they're available (new, from Amazon) without special offers or with cellular capabilities, but not WiFi only with special offers or not the combination of no special offers and cellular.

So it looks like the availability in various configurations is in constant flux. But, right now, I can put a new Voyage (without special offers) into my Cart. Or I can also put one with cellular capabilities into my Cart. Whether they would actually ship is something I can't guarantee.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #59
Wearever
Wizard

They have been in flux alright. It seems everyday there is some of these but not those. Like sizes, if you want the right size just wait till tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:14 AM   #60
deborakaye
deborakaye doesn't litterdeborakaye doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I tried both versions of the Oasis and returned them for the Voyage. I love having buttons on both sides of the display. Turning the Oasis upside down is inconvenient. I like the inexpensive origami stands for the Voyage. Haptic buttons are great.
deborakaye is offline   Reply With Quote