Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 07:34 AM   #1
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Transferring a dictionary from one Pocketbook to another

One of my friends recently got a Touch Lux 3,and while I have the same model, hers was produced only a year ago and mine in 2016. I've been missing an English to Norwegian dictionary, and she has one on her newer model, but I don't. Is there a way to transfer a dictionary from one device to another?
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
No. The commercial dictionaries have license files tied to the device, specifically to stop what you are asking for.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
No. The commercial dictionaries have license files tied to the device, specifically to stop what you are asking for.
That's what I thought. I guess anything else would be pirating. And in hindsight, I see that my question could be interpreted as a question about how to pirate these books. Sorry about that.

I've sent a question to Pocketbook support, asking whether it's possible to buy this dictionary. I can't see it on Bookland, so I doubt it, but maybe I'll get lucky.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I did not mean to sound like I was accusing you of anything. You asked a valid question whose answer is not obvious. I was curious about this myself because I wondered if I could transfer a dictionary I bought from an old device to a new one. That's how I found out that it wasn't allowed.

I think you could only be accused of asking how to pirate the dictionaries if you specifically asked for instructions on how to circumvent the DRM.

Last edited by rkomar; 08-10-2019 at 11:56 AM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:16 AM   #5
Lykke
Groupie

No worries, I can be overly sensitive sometimes.

I figured out that I can buy the dictionary in question from ABBYY Lingvo and then convert it with Pocketbook's dictionary converter.