Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #1141
xJCross
xJCross began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj001 View Post
hello everyone!
I'm new here.

My Kindle Touch was bricked, and I want to debrick it by using this tool.

BUT when I used the Kubrick ISO in a vm ,it was stuck in the step"Press NEXT once your kindle is in Fastboot mode".
I guess it maybe something wrong with my vm,so I wanna put the ISO to the USB stick,and then use the usb-livecd mode.

HOWEVER ,I could not download the "Live USB Stick" file(All 3 links could not work neither).

SO is it the only way leave to me is to burn the ISO to the real CD ,and let the computer start by the CD?

Beg for your advice sincerely~!
Hey there! Which of the links are you using?
xJCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #1142
lj001
lj001 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJCross View Post
Hey there! Which of the links are you using?
Live USB Stick disk image (required capacity >=1 GB):

Note: In addition to this file, one of the above ISO images is also REQUIRED. To update a USB stick to the newest Kubrick version, simply put the latest ISO image on the stick. Refer to the README.txt contained in the download for more information.
Download (1.5 MB; ixtab)
Mirror 1 (twobob)
Mirror 2 (dsmid)

Here 3 links could not worked for me.
lj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #1143
kuba_bieganowski
kuba_bieganowski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Can someone for the love of God reupload the USB base zip somewhere?
kuba_bieganowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #1144
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Since you asked so nicely ...
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:22 PM   #1145
kuba_bieganowski

I'm begging please upload it, I'll do anything!!!
Old 04-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #1146
kuba_bieganowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Since you asked so nicely ...
But of course you were just saying that to signal that you're on moral highground. What a shocker!!!
Old 04-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #1147
fS6pl9buyne
fS6pl9buyne began at the beginning.

Device: KT
All links for Live USB Stick are broken. But I was able to get the ISO working with virtualbox. Had to make sure the Kindle is seen by the guest machine in different modes as OP said.
fS6pl9buyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #1148
fS6pl9buyne
fS6pl9buyne began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Quote:
hello everyone!
I'm new here.

My Kindle Touch was bricked, and I want to debrick it by using this tool.

BUT when I used the Kubrick ISO in a vm ,it was stuck in the step"Press NEXT once your kindle is in Fastboot mode".
I guess it maybe something wrong with my vm,so I wanna put the ISO to the USB stick,and then use the usb-livecd mode.

HOWEVER ,I could not download the "Live USB Stick" file(All 3 links could not work neither).

SO is it the only way leave to me is to burn the ISO to the real CD ,and let the computer start by the CD?

Beg for your advice sincerely~!
Not sure which VM you are using, but make sure you check/add whatever new USB device showing up under the setting during the process.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 10.40.36 PM Redacted.png
Views:	731
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	170829
fS6pl9buyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:56 AM   #1149
lj001
lj001 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fS6pl9buyne View Post
Not sure which VM you are using, but make sure you check/add whatever new USB device showing up under the setting during the process.

Attachment 170829
Yeah , this is the confusing keypoint.

I used virtualbox6.0.6 on Debian9 with my samsung laptop.

My guest machine can recognize the kindle when it in "normal mode" and "magic key mode ",but when the kubrick trying to turn it into "fastboot mode",the machine would lost the device.

So I think maybe is something wrong with the usb driver on debian .
I'm thinking about make a CD to do a last try or buy a new kindle,casue the new kindle is not so expensive.
lj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #1150
well69
well69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Live USB Stick disk image (required capacity >=1 GB):

Note: In addition to this file, one of the above ISO images is also REQUIRED. To update a USB stick to the newest Kubrick version, simply put the latest ISO image on the stick. Refer to the README.txt contained in the download for more information.
Download (1.5 MB; ixtab)
Mirror 1 (twobob)
Mirror 2 (dsmid)

Here 3 links could not worked for me.
Anyone have a working link? Pretty please?
well69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #1151
brock_
brock_ began at the beginning.

Device: k3
kubrick-usb-base.zip links

The link for usb booter are still dead, is ot possible for someone to update them or if not
does anyone know the grub entry to boot the iso directly,or perhaps the grub entry to boot extracted iso or contents. The instructions mention a grub menu in the usb files
brock_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #1152
benito06
benito06 began at the beginning.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock_ View Post
The link for usb booter are still dead, is ot possible for someone to update them or if not
does anyone know the grub entry to boot the iso directly,or perhaps the grub entry to boot extracted iso or contents. The instructions mention a grub menu in the usb files
kubrick-usb-base.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3x4dey...-base.zip/file
benito06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:49 AM   #1153
trunglinh06
trunglinh06 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
hi everybody, i have a kindle keybroad (wifi only). It's a trouble like boot loop, when it start come in home page, i see the library and i can read about 1 to 2 page, about 1-2 minutes then it auto restart. i used kubrick tool, but it didn't change. it's firmware version 3.4.2 (2687240004)
please help me!
trunglinh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:30 PM   #1154
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot
WaseemAlkurdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5) Wi-Fi x 2, Kindle (7th Gen, KT2), Paperwhite 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunglinh06 View Post
hi everybody, i have a kindle keybroad (wifi only). It's a trouble like boot loop, when it start come in home page, i see the library and i can read about 1 to 2 page, about 1-2 minutes then it auto restart. i used kubrick tool, but it didn't change. it's firmware version 3.4.2 (2687240004)
please help me!
0. Factory reset it and flash stock firmware.
1. Jailbreak it.
2. Check the logs for the last thing it does before crashing.
3. Then open a new thread, because it's more likely to get people to help you that way.
WaseemAlkurdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #1155
super_simi
super_simi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th Gen
Hi, I used Kubrick's to unbrick my Kindle 4 Non-Touch, I decided to do so because I factory reset it and since then it's stuck in the screen with a boy under a tree and a progress bar at 20% aproximately.
I'm using Kubrick's from a bootable USB and it booted, followed all the instructions and everything went "green" and told me "congratulations your kindle will now reset itself and you can enjoy an unbricked device" but when the Kindle reboots it's stuck on the same screen showing the boy under the tree and the progress bar at the exact same point it used to be, any advice? should I throw it? thanks in advance.
super_simi is offline   Reply With Quote