Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
amungar
amungar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle wi-fi
The screen have imagen garbage

Hello:

From 3 days ago I have a kindle 3, but suddenly the screen appear with mix dirty of images before. I cannot resolve the problem connecting USB, or setting on or off the device. It´s impossible to use my kindle. Have you any solution? Thank you
amungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
mapleleafs
mapleleafs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wifi
Is it possible for you to post some pictures of the problem you're having?
mapleleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
You tried resetting it? Slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Sounds like a severe case of screen ghosting where content you've had on a previous page still shows up on the next. This should disappear when you use the page turn buttons and the screen is supposed to be refreshed.

If not then it sounds like you need to contact Amazon.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
amungar

Hello Tiersten. I had tried "slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds" (and more), but the problem remain.

Hello Mapleleafs. I cannot insert a image because the above icon (in this windows "insert image") allow only a image from a URL (and I haven´t this)
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by amungar View Post
Hello Tiersten. I had tried "slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds" (and more), but the problem remain.

Hello Mapleleafs. I cannot insert a image because the above icon (in this windows "insert image") allow only a image from a URL (and I haven´t this)
Hi if you make an advanced post you can add images as an attachment and this is what I normally do as it's easier
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
amungar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Hi if you make an advanced post you can add images as an attachment and this is what I normally do as it's easier
Here is the image:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DirtyImageKindle.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	57773  
Old 09-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amungar View Post
Here is the image:
I think you need to ask CS to send you a replacement.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
That's what the screen looks like after it's been dropped / had the screen broken. No way to fix it except replacement.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Broken screen.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote