Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #946
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you reformatted the whole card, you will need to restore an image to it. If you only formatted the third partition, you will have lost the books on the device, but, it should work. But, from memory of the message that Windows displays, it will probably have formatted the card.

Some instructions on how to do this are included in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.

For the image, I can send you one. But, which Touch is it? There are three. Two, the N905B and N905C, have internal SD cards. The first, the N905, doesn't. There is also the Touch 2, which also has an internal SD card. To fix things, you need the correct image. If you can tell me which you have, I can send you a link.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #947
SinesteticSnail
SinesteticSnail began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you reformatted the whole card, you will need to restore an image to it. If you only formatted the third partition, you will have lost the books on the device, but, it should work. But, from memory of the message that Windows displays, it will probably have formatted the card.

Some instructions on how to do this are included in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.

For the image, I can send you one. But, which Touch is it? There are three. Two, the N905B and N905C, have internal SD cards. The first, the N905, doesn't. There is also the Touch 2, which also has an internal SD card. To fix things, you need the correct image. If you can tell me which you have, I can send you a link.

Thank you davidfor, you're so very kind.

Yes, the SD is completely formatted and has no root anymore - sigh.

I have the kobo touch from 2012, N905C.

Thank you again
Advert
Old 07-27-2019, 07:35 AM   #948
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:39 AM   #949
SinesteticSnail
SinesteticSnail began at the beginning.

Topic studied, programs downloaded, my body is ready
Old 08-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #950
j.l.
j.l. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Image request.

Hello guys,

I don't know if it's a faux-pas to join this forum and instantly ask for a favour but I bricked my Kobo Touch (Product no: N905-KBO-B; SN:N905J36100094-B ) and was wondering if any of you guys had an image for me to restore.

I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you.
Advert
Old 08-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #951
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

If it a faux pas, then it is a faux pas a lot of people are guilty of.

I have sent you a PM with the image for the N905B version of the Touch. I think the model number and serial number is correct for that. You need to check the end of the device to see if it says "N905B". If it is just "N905", then it is the original version that doesn't have an internal SD card. If it is "N905C", you will need a different image.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #952
Koboloser
Koboloser began at the beginning.

Hi David,
I would need a fresh image for my Kobo touch N905C due to bad manipulations (I screwed up)

FCCID : NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C
Model : N905C

Would be thankful, if you can help me
Yours koboloser (Andi)
Old 08-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #953
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:44 AM   #954
amacd31
amacd31 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi, I'm trying to resurrect a bricked Kobo Touch 905B (it got stuck on the restarting screen after updates were installed years ago) and am hoping someone here can help me get my hands on an image to restore onto the internal SD card.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #955
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #956
dwillow
dwillow began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch 905C
905C image

Greetings davidfor;

Can you point me to the image for 905C?

Thank You!
Old 09-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #957
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #958
csoboy
csoboy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hi David,

Can I have a 905C image?
Old 09-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #959
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #960
dekkerjj
dekkerjj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch (N905B), Kobo Touch (N905C), Kobo Glo HD
Image 905B

Among many apparently.
My Kobo-touch internal SD crashed.
I thought I could fix this myself, so I've created an image from my girlfriend's touch, but..........

I found out they're different the hard way :-)

I've restored the image of a N905C (model 320) to an SD card and put that in the crashed touch. It starts restoring and I can see the books, reading stats etc.
It won't respond to any touches however. I figured a factory reset might solve this, but no such luck. It now hangs in the 'language selection' screen (still not responding to touch so I can't proceed).

Does anyone know if this could be a driver-issue that is fixed by applying the right image? If so: Could someone provide me with a correct image?

Second option (I hope not!) is that I somehow broke the touch-hardware when opening the reader.
If that's the case: Is there tooling available to test this?

Thanks for helping!
Closed Thread