Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Wells, H.G.: The Chronic Argonauts. v1. 24 Nov 07

Ok, this is my first mobipocket book creation. I finally figured out how to make decent Sony Reader files, but now that I have a Kindle, I took the jump and am trying mobipocket files. Please let me know if it came out ok. It looks great on my Kindle, but I don't have any other devices to try it out on

I noticed there is a lot of H.G. Wells here, but I couldn't find this little gem--it's actually my favorite Wells story. This short story is a time travel story written before he wrote The Time Machine. I have to admit that I prefer The Chronic Argonauts...

It concerns the arrival of a mysterious stranger in the town of Lyddwdd (it's Welsh). He moves into a very run-down house that has some bad vibes because of a horrible murder that was committed in it years before. The stranger starts doing all sorts of odd things in that house and the rural folk believe him to be a devilish inventor. And what do rural folk usually do when there is a devilsh inventor in their midst? Why, they decide that maybe they should just um, well kill him. Ahh, but what has he been doing in there and just where did he come from? Hmmm...

A very awesome little story if you like Wells. I liked it so much that I read it twice in a row.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Wells, H.G._The Chronic Argonauts.prc (127.0 KB, 740 views)
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
How lovely. But would you consider cranking out an lrf version for those of us still with a Sony Reader? I'd like to read this.
In return, I'll carry on making prc versions of my uploads.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
For an epub or PDF version: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1518
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
How lovely. But would you consider cranking out an lrf version for those of us still with a Sony Reader? I'd like to read this.
In return, I'll carry on making prc versions of my uploads.
Thanks Patricia. Actually I did make a .lrf of this a while ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...onic+argonauts

I think the .lrf version that I did actually looks better because of the font. The cover I created for it looks better on the Sony Reader as well...

It really is a great story and a quick read...

Last edited by tsgreer; 11-24-2007 at 05:55 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote