Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question How Do I Move Genre and Tag Lists Between Libraries?

Hello:

I have a couple of questions that have just come up.

I just created a new library in explorer - actually, just a folder creation. While in my main library in calibre, I clicked on "Switch/create Library..."; then checked "Create an empty library at the new location"; then checked "Copy structure from the present library"; and finally selected the new folder I created earlier followed by "OK".

It created the new library just fine so I added a few books and set about fixing the meta data for each. But, when I went to select a genre from the first library, they were blank!

Does that mean I will have to type them in again or is there a simple way to transfer them from the first library?

There is a second question along those lines: Is there a way to edit those lists and delete unneeded and/or erroneous entries?

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Tag lists are created dynamically from the books that are currently in the library. In other words until you have at least one book in the library with a given tag it will not show up.

One approach to get some standard ones is to create a dummy book entry with the list of standard tags you want to see. After doing this they will then show up as options when editing the metadata for other books.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If genre was a taglike column with a fixed set of values. Those (allowed) should have also come over with the 'structure' option .

You can still edit the allowed list. using the create your own columns tool, to edit. You just can't change the TYPE of a column

BTW Copy to library, usually asks what to do when target does not have a column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
in the JS+ Plugins,
there GUI Tools: Mega Metadata References Book Dropdown Helper.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote