Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-05-2020, 08:59 AM   #301
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
This sounds like a misfeature, at least.
This = Android. It's a pain.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #302
wanderson
wanderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11 & Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Create a file called "calibre-libraries.lua"...
@pazos, THANKS! This was straightforward and works perfectly.
wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #303
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
@pazos, THANKS! This was straightforward and works perfectly.
You're welcome, happy to help

Keep in mind that you're keeping annotations, book progress, highlights, etc in a single file (because the path to books is not writable), so you could experience slowdowns after you opened a bunch of books (say thousands without annotations/highlights or a just a few hundreds with a few highlights per book).

If/when that happens I would suggest to use a writable partition, so each book can write its own sidecar directory.

In the mean time, keep a backup of the koreader dir from time to time, because that's where all things end up on read only filesystems.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:53 AM   #304
alexthunder
alexthunder began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus, NST, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX
Is there any way to open the last book or a home screen with the read books after the app re-launch (without going through several menu items)?
alexthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:04 AM   #305
alexthunder
alexthunder began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus, NST, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX
Also is there any way to launch a second dictionary (or google translate) by long tap or double tap?
alexthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:02 AM   #306
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthunder View Post
Is there any way to open the last book or a home screen with the read books after the app re-launch (without going through several menu items)?
Yes, in file manager's top menu, first tab -> Start with: -> last opened file

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthunder View Post
Also is there any way to launch a second dictionary (or google translate) by long tap or double tap?
Assuming you are talking about dictionaries in KOReader, you can swipe when you open dictionary entry to access another dictionary iirc.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #307
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi to all.
I've a weird issue with koreader.
I've just installed it both on my moto g5 smatphone and on my Asus Me302KL tablet which has a custom NitrogenOS 8.1 android ROM.
On the smartphone the screen orientation works correctly.
On the tablet it is always in landscape mode and if I try to rotate 90 degree to have a portrait mode, it rotates 180° to the opposite landscape.
I've installed it to see if it can keep two or more android devices synced, but even if it is possible, this issue stop me from using it.
Is there any way to always force KOreader to always use the portrait mode?
I've tried to force the whole tablet in portait mode, but when I open KOreader it switches back to landscape.
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:17 AM   #308
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Xwang: indeed a weird issue.

The app starts in "nosensor" mode. See https://github.com/koreader/android-...t/base.xml#L35

That way we can use a single APK for android, android TV and ChromeOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwang View Post
On the tablet it is always in landscape mode and if I try to rotate 90 degree to have a portrait mode, it rotates 180° to the opposite landscape.
Probably the code in https://github.com/koreader/android-...y.kt#L327-L334 is broken for devices that support HW rotation and their default rotation is landscape. Sadly both chromeOS and androidTv lack HW rotation, so this bug went unnoticed.

Quote:
I've installed it to see if it can keep two or more android devices synced, but even if it is possible, this issue stop me from using it.
You're very welcome to open a ticket in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues and attaching logs there. Keep in mind that you'll need to be available to test changes and all that jazz. So it is up to you

The same for other users that trigger a bug like that or any other bug that is highly device dependant.

If you're just testing the app I would suggest to try other alternatives first. After all we're the weird application here and the others, all native apps, should behave just fine without requiring you to spend time help us debugging.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #309
pazos
cosiñeiro

Just in case Xwang or other member wants to test: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-706741296

The APK should work fine on devices that boot in landscape. They're usually tablets. HW orientation should match the very first image seen when you boot up your device.

So, if you have one on these on Android 4.4+ feel free to test and report if you can still see the rotation issues mentioned by Xwang.

Last edited by pazos; 10-11-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #310
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Just in case Xwang or other member wants to test: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-706741296

The APK should work fine on devices that boot in landscape. They're usually tablets. HW orientation should match the very first image seen when you boot up your device.

So, if you have one on these on Android 4.4+ feel free to test and report if you can still see the rotation issues mentioned by Xwang.
I've tried, it somewhat works better, but still everytime I open the app I've to do four rotation to have the correct orientation since the 90° counterclock rotation rotates in the clockwise.
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:41 AM   #311
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
I've tried, it somewhat works better, but still everytime I open the app I've to do four rotation to have the correct orientation since the 90° counterclock rotation rotates in the clockwise.
???

Please read https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-706746308 (including the link). The four rotas should behave as explained there. If that''s not the case please open an issue with a description attached (or better a video)

0 means the native rota of your device. It will be landscape on yours but portrait for 99.9% of android devices. The rest of rota modes are relative to the native rota (as in the image in the link, in the link )

Last edited by pazos; 10-16-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:45 PM   #312
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
I can't upgrade koreader on JDRead t65s

Hello, I don't know what's wrong, but I can't upgrade koreader on my JDRead t65s.
Actually it runs the default firmware with android 4.4.2 and Simple ink launcher. koreader is v2030.03 2 and whenever I try to upgrade to v2020.10.1 pressing the package in the file manager and following the procedure, I only get the following message: "App not installed".

Any help is welcome.

Cheers.
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:30 PM   #313
pazos
cosiñeiro

@giotti it's a known issue. versions from 2019.09? to 2020.03 cannot be updated to 2020.04 or newer: The issue is pinned on github: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6066

Long story short: uninstall the apk and install the new version. No data lost unless you remove the koreader folder manually
Old 10-29-2020, 05:51 AM   #314
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Thanks a lot. Perfect.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #315
giotti
Connoisseur

Strange numbers on JDRead t65s with koreader v2020.10.1

I just noticed a strange behaviour in some books. There are lateral numbers which I can't get rid of. Please see the attached image.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

By the way I take the opportunity to ask an unrelated question which is probably already discussed elsewhere: where can I set the refresh rate, i.e. the number of pages turning after which a screen refresh is executed?

Best regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_221019.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	183104