Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
Emix83
Emix83 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h20
Alternative Display mode is possible?

I love koreader but at same time i hate it browser system. When i send a book to kobo with calibre it archive the book inside a folder so when start koreader i see the folder root, i hate this visualization. Generally i search by calibre series but this is very unsefull method: for search a book i need to do a lot of inutil passages. Is possible in any way to see directly the series on first page maybe with cover inside without see the orrible folder root?
Emix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix83 View Post
I love koreader but at same time i hate it browser system. When i send a book to kobo with calibre it archive the book inside a folder so when start koreader i see the folder root, i hate this visualization. Generally i search by calibre series but this is very unsefull method: for search a book i need to do a lot of inutil passages. Is possible in any way to see directly the series on first page maybe with cover inside without see the orrible folder root?
Not really. Schemes are different. calibre uses a library/DB approach while in KOReader the file system is the database.

There are workarounds.

You can setup calibre to send books without a folder per author by replacing

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
with

Code:
{title} - {authors}
That, paired with using "connect to folder" instead of kobo device plugins, is what I'm using to manage my calibre library within one folder that KOReader can handle.
pazos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
Emix83

Is not the best method ma i think is my only solutions. I don't knew it is possible. Maybe also I do it. But if I use {author_series}/{title} - {authors} calibre it can create a folders series with inside the books.
If is not possible there are a easy method for extract rapidally from the subfolders to the koreader main folder book rapidally?
Old 05-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is not the best method ma i think is my only solutions. I don't knew it is possible. Maybe also I do it. But if I use {author_series}/{title} - {authors} calibre it can create a folders series with inside the books.
If is not possible there are a easy method for extract rapidally from the subfolders to the koreader main folder book rapidally?
I think I didn't understand you but here is a graphical example:

1. on a Kobo hooked to a computer via USB I created a folder called ".books". It starts with a dot because I don't want to see these files in Nickel, just on KOReader.

2. Now on calibre I click "connect to a folder" and select my ".books" folder. It is empty. Then I send two test files (with proper name, author and series column filled in calibre).

3. Extract my kobo and start KOReader. Go to my created folder (I need to enable "show hidden files". Then, I long press the home icon and set that folder to default

4. On Filemanager options -> display mode -> other settings -> series I check the option "show series metadata in separate line"

5. On Filemanager options I check the option "Detailed list with cover images and metadata"

What's on that folder:

Code:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pazos pazos   311 may 22 19:55  .driveinfo.calibre
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pazos pazos  3873 may 22 19:58  .metadata.calibre
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pazos pazos 21544 may 22 19:58 'test1 - author1.epub'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pazos pazos 26383 may 22 19:58 'test2 - author2.epub'
And what I see in KOReader:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-05-22_20-10.png
Views:	383
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	179427  
Old 05-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
Emix83

I try to set without folders with {title} - {authors}
But it doesn't work, did I still find the file inside the author folder.
Any Idea?
Old 05-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #6
Emix83

Ok I solve it. Now i have the oldest file archived in subfolders authors, i want to extract all in a root folders there is an easy method for do it?
Old 05-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Since you rather dislike the KOReader browser, why not just read ePub without KOReader as you get a much better series management with Nickel? You can use RMSDK to read ePub and your eBook management will be more like what you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #8
Emix83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since you rather dislike the KOReader browser, why not just read ePub without KOReader as you get a much better series management with Nickel? You can use RMSDK to read ePub and your eBook management will be more like what you want.
Because: 1. Koreader have a Powerful pdf reader 2. Lovely e-pub Reader 3. A lot of wonderful plug in.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Ok I solve it. Now i have the oldest file archived in subfolders authors, i want to extract all in a root folders there is an easy method for do it?
I'm sorry. I don't know much about calibre in that respect. The worst case scenario would be: remove all directories and resend your ebooks from calibre again.