Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
clorey78
clorey78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc7 hd
Question Kobo Arc7 hd and fixing

Hi everyone,
I am new here today. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if my ereader above that was given to me by a friend is kaput.
I got in touch with Kobo help this morning and two people had me download a program and try to get the ereader to get past where I have to give the WiFi name and password. The reader will not accept what I put it, it says cannot connect to WiFi. A person at Kobo told me that this reader is no longer any good and I need to hear from professionals such as you all are, if this is true. I realize this ereader is an old one, but was trying to get it to work for a friend. I was told that there was a big update in Feb. this year that maybe would have fixed the problem with the WiFi. Is this true? I would just like someone to tell me that this ereader is for the garbage and that I cannot fix it. Thank you all very much.
clorey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask Kobo questions in the Kobo forum, to where I’m moving this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Oh dear, sounds like customer might have gotten you to try to update via the Kobo Desktop program, but that only works for the ereaders not the tablets.

Try the instructions here for manually updating via Windows or Mac, being sure to use the correct file for your device.

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...o-arc-software

Good luck!
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote