Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #76
ctaklis
ctaklis began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, google books
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
That old view was called "Book View". The developer mode you speak of is called "Code View".

Book View has been taken out, because it was very buggy... and it couldn't be salvaged any more.

If you want to get similar functionality to Book View, KevinH and Diap have created a different tool called PageEdit:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/PageEdit/releases

What you want to do is:

1. Download PageEdit v0.9.5 from the link above.

2. Double click the download and it will "extract a folder" called PageEdit.

3. Move that PageEdit folder to some location you'll remember. Like:

Code:
C:/Programs/PageEdit
Can anyone help me with Linux (Ubuntu)? I can't install it.

p.s. too bad because book view was so good and very helpful to do my job quickly.
ctaklis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #77
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctaklis View Post
Can anyone help me with Linux (Ubuntu)? I can't install it.
As already answered in another thread. The instructions for building PageEdit on Linux are right on the github Readme. https://github.com/sigil-ebook/PageEdit

Also: feel free to use an older version of Sigil that still has Book View if that's what you prefer. Updating to the latest versions of everything is not mandatory.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-07-2019 at 01:22 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert