Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
JonnyG
JonnyG began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Do I need the extra speed?

Running CM7 nightly of about 103 ish. The NC is fantastic (with CM7)!

This version has the speed governer options of Conservative, OnDemand, Performance and seems to max out at 925 mhz.

Forum postings seem to indicated the NC can get to 1300 or so and be stable. So my question is would I notice a difference from the governer controlled max 925 I have today and going to the 1300 overclocking?

Also do the more recent nightly builds have the higher speed kernal or is that something you have to load separately?

The only real sluggish areas I experience today are in web browsing which I feel is mostly impacted by my web connection than the NC processing speed. And maybe boot times can be sluggish but I don't have to boot that often. So I am not sure the extra speed would really do anything for me.

Thx
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Instructions for installing CM7 + overclock kernel here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1030227

Basically all you do to update is boot to recovery, clear your cache and Dalvik cache, flash CM7, flash gapps, flash Dalingrin's OC kernel. 1 extra step compared to nightlies (the kernel at the end).

I honestly haven't bothered with 1.3ghz or faster. I run Dalingrin's kernel but I use the governor on the max stock CM7 setting of 1200. That's fast enough for me.

It's certainly a lot snappier at 1200 max than stock 800/925.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert