Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
ABC Amber "Sony Converter" -- "Coming Soon"

There doesn't seem to be much info yet (like almost none), but I noticed that the conversion wizards over at ABC Amber are working on a "Sony Converter" which is presumably for the PRS-500.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I'll be a buyer for sure. I have their .lit converter and it's the fastest thing I've ever used.
The pile of untreated documents that I have and would like to see on my reader is humongous. The ABC Amber apps. usually feature batch conversions...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
I'll sign up!
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Given their tendency to cram support for as many formats as they can into their conversion tools, this rascal might just become a one-stop shop for puttin' stuff on the ol' Reader.

Does anyone happen to know where the Amber folks are based? What country, I mean.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
ABC Amber is run by Yernar Shambayev from Pavlodar, Kazakhstan. I have many of his converters and all of them work great. Not to sound like an ad; but, they are the best value converteres I have found. I have traded emails with him many times and he has always responded quickly.

If you look at the URL for the future Sony converter it is listed as "sonylrf"

I have high hopes for this converter.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

I was just wondering how they might be constrained by the DMCA.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I wonder if there will be parameters for configuring page size to other readers like the Iliad?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'm hoping that there are output file types other than PDF, myself.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Based on his other products there should be many formats available. Since PDF is already an output format from the ABC Amber Text Converter and Text Merger programs, that is not a new format for ABC Amber products. The name in the URL seems to imply that the output will include LRF.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
But "Sony Converter" implies that Amber will be converting from LRF (like PDF Converter converts from PDF). I want something that converts "to LRF".
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

Both could be nice.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I look forward to seeing what they do with this.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
rsuryase
Enthusiast
rsuryase began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
ABC Amber is run by Yernar Shambayev from Pavlodar, Kazakhstan. I have many of his converters and all of them work great. Not to sound like an ad; but, they are the best value converteres I have found. I have traded emails with him many times and he has always responded quickly.

If you look at the URL for the future Sony converter it is listed as "sonylrf"

I have high hopes for this converter.

I thought ABC Amber is BORAT?
rsuryase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuryase
I thought ABC Amber is BORAT?
No, but he does make another type of program called The Beatles 4ever that provides a multimedia and data base for you to track a lot of things related to The Beatles (and it is free.)