Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Android app using Calibre scripts

Hi all,

Quite a while ago I wrote a very basic android app that uses the built-in Calibre scripts and recipes to download publications and emails them to my Kindle. I found this easier than having to boot my laptop up to send myself a newspaper.

Given that Calibre uses the GNU GPL I assume that this is fair usage, but since I have uploaded it as a free app to the Google play store, I wanted to draw your attention to it, as I don't want to do anything wrong. I have also licensed it under the GPL and mentioned this in the store listing, and also the about menu. I have also credited Calibre in both places.

Please let me know if you are OK with this, or if you want me to change anything, I will be happy to do so. Just hope that somebody else finds it useful too.

App can be found here. It is very basic, but does what I need it to
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ign.newsbeamer
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's fine
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's fine
Phew. Thanks
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, gpl