Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #271
anhyeuviolet
Reset
anhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PaperWhite Manga
Looking for converter board on Amazon but don't know what to pick.
Somebody can please advice to me ?

Cannot find something like that near my home.
anhyeuviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #272
Kurbatov
Kurbatov began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhyeuviolet View Post
Looking for converter board on Amazon but don't know what to pick.
Somebody can please advice to me ?
This one did the trick just fine for me.
Kurbatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #273
mcaron1234
mcaron1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Success!

I was able to successfully serial jailbreak my refurb Kindle Voyage on 5.8.10 using the pin no solder method. It required a lot of fiddling with the pins but it was certainly doable. I used the recommended TTL-232RG-VREG1V8-WE adapter and it worked great. THANK YOU to the great folks here documenting this information for the rest of us and for developing the jailbreak.

Having followed all the steps in this thread, do I need to then install the hotfix to protect the jailbreak in the case of an accidental update from amazon? I used the kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N-r13356.tar.xz file from NiLuJe's Tools snapshot post, and I am unsure if that has everything I need to protect the jailbreak included.
mcaron1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #274
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
All of the various "hotfix" packages (NiLuJe's coplate's) have the same contents.
It is only the packaging that is different.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:59 AM   #275
rola25
rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!rola25 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi to all

I managed to serial jailbreak my kindle voyage with this board:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0178HVEH0 (removed the jumper - did not use a voltage level shifter)

Just soldered part of a floppy cable to the serial ports RX/TX and taped a cable for ground on one of the metal plates.
I had a little problem - could not get into diags via bootm 0xe41000 but I copied the factory firmware to the kindle in advance and when you boot up serial at some time there is a message "Press ENTER to open menu" or something like that where you could select to upgrade/downgrade the Voyage with a bin file from /mnt/us. After that I was able to use the installHtml jailbreak method.

Thanks to all
rola
rola25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 AM   #276
anhyeuviolet
Reset
anhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbatov View Post
Thank you so much !
Order one today.
Hope it can help my PW3-32GB
Old 10-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #277
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Jim.sh has released a new serial adaptor;

https://www.amazon.com/Micro1v8-2-Pa.../dp/B076B9YRMP

This has a 1.8v reference voltage built in.

It only comes in 2 packs right now, but thats still cheaper than buying the 5 pack of his other one.

Here is the e-mail he sent me
Quote:
Hi Matthey,

Apologies for the long delay. We are currently in the process of
manufacturing more MicroFTX boards, but don't have a fixed date for
when they'll be available. It will likely be another 1-2 months
still.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you know that Amazon is now selling
our new Micro1v8 boards, which may be a suitable replacement for you:

https://jim.sh/1v8/

Thanks for your interest!

Regards,
Jim
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #278
anhyeuviolet
Reset

I also received an email from Tindie yesterday.
1v8 version is about equal to MicroFTX when I check its price (shipping to Vietnam).
Order one from eBay and look like the seller don't care about shipping it to me.
I think I should order one from AMZ with 2-pack, 1 for use and 1 save for the future.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #279
anhyeuviolet
Reset

Quote:
Can you please share the link to driver download ?
Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 PM   #280
Kurbatov

Quote:
Can you please share the link to driver download ?
I don't really remember where I've got it, it was like first link on Google. Here is what I've used for windows, if you didn't find it already.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #281
anhyeuviolet
Reset

Quote:
I don't really remember where I've got it, it was like first link on Google. Here is what I've used for windows, if you didn't find it already.
Thank you so much !
I see the red cable noted +5V on eBay. Do you use it when hook up your kindle ?
Old 11-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #282
Kurbatov

Quote:
Thank you so much !
I see the red cable noted +5V on eBay. Do you use it when hook up your kindle ?
Nope, it's the only one you don't wanna use. All you need is tr-rx and ground one

Last edited by Kurbatov; 11-16-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:55 AM   #283
anhyeuviolet
Reset

Quote:
Nope, it's the only one you don't wanna use. All you need is tr-rx and ground one
Thank you so much, again !
Seller from eBay shipped it to me. It will take a week to come, so I am trying to collect all data/tool that I can to JB my dear PW Manga
Old 11-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #284
OsakaSys
OsakaSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hey there. I burned off the pads for both the left and middle serial port on the front of the board (whoops) as well as TP1706. I found a TM1706 on the back, would this work to solder to for V? Other alternate soldering points would be appreciated in case I need it later.

Thanks!
OsakaSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:11 AM   #285
grant3
grant3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
This thread took a lot of work to create & I was very proud of it.

However: the admins decided the guide was ban-worthy & won't even tell me what the problem is so I can fix it. It's very disheartening.

My lesson to others: stick to quietly mooching. ( I will from now on. )

Click image for larger version

Name:	banned.png
Views:	489
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	160266
grant3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
serial jailbreak