Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Katlurkin
Katlurkin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T3
Unhappy Frozen - Help Please

I have a Sony PRS-T3. Today it froze on me. It is fully charged. None of the buttons work, the reset button doesn't work, the off and on button doesn't work, the touch screen doesn't work.
The book shows a screen saying ' Device Shutdown: Are you sure you want to completely power off (shutdown) the device (yes) (no).
When i press and hold down the reset button the on/off button on the bottom flashes yellow, then stops. But the screen does not change.

I've also tried pressing the reset button and holding down the power butting, with no effect.

When I plug the book into the computer the red power light comes on and I hear a sound on the computer, but the ereader screen doesn't change and the computer doesn't recognize the ereader.

Any ideas?
Katlurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:36 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlurkin View Post
I have a Sony PRS-T3. Today it froze on me. It is fully charged. None of the buttons work, the reset button doesn't work, the off and on button doesn't work, the touch screen doesn't work.
The book shows a screen saying ' Device Shutdown: Are you sure you want to completely power off (shutdown) the device (yes) (no).
When i press and hold down the reset button the on/off button on the bottom flashes yellow, then stops. But the screen does not change.

I've also tried pressing the reset button and holding down the power butting, with no effect.

When I plug the book into the computer the red power light comes on and I hear a sound on the computer, but the ereader screen doesn't change and the computer doesn't recognize the ereader.

Any ideas?
Doing a hard reset might work. I've put the instructions below - they got my T3 working two or three years ago. But you'll lose all the ebooks on the reader, except perhaps the freebies that came with it.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice /...nalId=C1030714

How to perform a hard reset.
Solution

Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on your Reader™ device:

With the Reader powered on, on the bottom of the device, press and hold the Power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears.
In the Device Shutdown screen, press Yes .
Press the Power button again to turn the Reader on.
While the screen displays opening book..... , simultaneously press and hold down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons.

Allow the Home screen to fully load (Loading... should no longer flash in the top left corner of your screen) and then do the following button sequence while still holding down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons:
Release - Press - Release the Back button only and then Release the Page Turn (Next) button.
In the Would you like to execute Factory Initialize screen, press Yes .
Press the Power button again to turn on the Reader. The Reader will be set to factory settings.

I hope this helps
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
Aoi
Aoi began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T3
^ The device is completely frozen, no way to turn it on and off so cannot perform hard reset.

I got the exact same problem, actually same day as you March 19. I was just reading a book ,then close the cover the later on discovered that it is frozen in "Reader is in sleep mode". I tried charging the device , I think it is fully charged (The LED case light works) but it does not power on. When I press reset and then power, the LED blinks yellow about six times but nothing happens.

I've already e-mailed Sony support hopefully they can do something about it, even though all of their stores close in Canada.
Aoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
If my memory serves me rightly I had to press the power button for quite some time before I got any response.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
jojosk
jojosk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-t1
Hi everybody!
The known issue appears to come up when trying to sync Calibre with T3 with text notes on it. The reader becomes stuck at the Opening book screen and is of no use since. My guess is that Calibre overwrites some files(or parts of) needed for the hard reset to work properly. It might have something to do with the obsolete Calibre T3 driver. Is there anybody able to provide an SD rescue package with the latest firmware? Rupor perhaps? I know few people who bricked their T3s this way. It's been the best beach reader I've tried and I really would love to use them a bit longer. Perhapes some donation could motivate someone to solve this...
jojosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Read this -> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...17&postcount=5
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote