Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #31
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
300 points for borrowing a book from Prime Reads.
I wonder if the different deals we're offered have to do partly with our individual purchase histories. It could be that the deal I was offered is a default for Prime members at my ebook-buying level.

It was far too easy to spend $15. But the delay in receiving points made for luxuriant suspense.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #32
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I wonder if the different deals we're offered have to do partly with our individual purchase histories. It could be that the deal I was offered is a default for Prime members at my ebook-buying level.
I have no idea what they're basing the offers on, but I spent quite a bit the last month, deciding I didn't want to wait for sales anymore on a few series I want to read soon. Spent money, have Prime, I'm always browsing...

And no Summer Rewards membership offer for me. I can't remember the last time Amazon offered me anything.

So, I'm wondering if the Rewards stuff was only offered to those more frugal shoppers. And if I'd held off topping off some series I would have been offered a membership.

I've got my name on the list for future offers, but may be out of luck if they figure I'm sure to spend some money without any prods to do so.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #33
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post

It was far too easy to spend $15. But the delay in receiving points made for luxuriant suspense.
I would love to see their criteria for personal offers. I’m sure mine shows that I have spent way too much money on books this year. I have also gifted ebooks and DTB to granddaughters and son this spring. In June I bought a book from my wish list using an offer from the publisher. I liked the book and gifted it too my son a few days later and was surprised when they applied the same $5 offer to that order.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #34
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
I haven’t gotten any specific offer emails, but the 300 pt/Prime borrow was available on the Summer Rewards home page:
https://smile.amazon.com/kindlerewar...f_=sv_kstore_1
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #35
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
I haven’t gotten any specific offer emails, but the 300 pt/Prime borrow was available on the Summer Rewards home page:
https://smile.amazon.com/kindlerewar...f_=sv_kstore_1
I tried to subscribe immediately upon hearing of it, 09 Jul 21, only to get...

"Sorry, this program has limited access while in Beta.

If you are interested in future offers and programs, sign up by clicking "Subscribe" below."

Which was before an article I saw on it a few days later. Where they stated it was for "select accounts".

I can only guess I was not on their 'select' list. Whatever they're using to select accounts by, I have no idea.
Advert
Old 07-22-2021, 06:43 PM   #36
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I tried to subscribe immediately upon hearing of it, 09 Jul 21, only to get...

"Sorry, this program has limited access while in Beta.

If you are interested in future offers and programs, sign up by clicking "Subscribe" below."

Which was before an article I saw on it a few days later. Where they stated it was for "select accounts".

I can only guess I was not on their 'select' list. Whatever they're using to select accounts by, I have no idea.
I’ve been left out before, too...not a very slick marketing technique IMO. I mean, a summer reading program, why would you exclude reading customers from that?
Old 07-22-2021, 07:12 PM   #37
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I didn't get an invitation; I just saw the link in the original post and clicked on it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:11 PM   #38
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From the summer rewards page
Do I need to sign up?
No, you don’t need to sign up to participate in Kindle Summer Rewards, but subscribing to our email list enables you to be the first to know of limited-time special offers that we will be running throughout the program.

I had points applied before I signed up and started receiving emails.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:36 AM   #39
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
From the summer rewards page
Do I need to sign up?
No, you don’t need to sign up to participate in Kindle Summer Rewards, but subscribing to our email list enables you to be the first to know of limited-time special offers that we will be running throughout the program.

I had points applied before I signed up and started receiving emails.
But you do have to sign up, so I don't know why they'd say that. Unless you got the message because they knew you already had? How did you get points before signing up?

And I did subscribe to the email list. And nothing since.

I've been a Prime member since the beginning, and buy lots of books. Hubby says he thinks that's the problem. I'm a sure sell on Prime, and spend money, so they don't have to put out to keep me as a customer.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #40
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:

{edited}
I've been a Prime member since the beginning, and buy lots of books. Hubby says he thinks that's the problem. I'm a sure sell on Prime, and spend money, so they don't have to put out to keep me as a customer.
This ^^^. I really suspect it's this...sigh!

It was nicer when they were doing the $XX credit for spending $YYY offers - I usually, although not always, got a pretty nice one of those.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #41
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
But you do have to sign up, so I don't know why they'd say that. Unless you got the message because they knew you already had? How did you get points before signing up?

I never signed up, just opened the link.
I noticed at first something was going on because when browsing Amazon I kept seeing these points notifications on the book and e-book storefront pages. I started googling to figure out what "earn points" it was talking about. This was before I opened the Summer Rewards page.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #42
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I completed the 25.00 offer. Redeemed 800 points the other day, so now back to 0. The points added up quicker than I figured, but with the $25 bonus, and the 100 bonus when first opening the page (that was delayed 3 days for me).
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:33 PM   #43
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I never signed up, just opened the link.
I noticed at first something was going on because when browsing Amazon I kept seeing these points notifications on the book and e-book storefront pages.
Never saw anything about points. Not that I can remember. I get bombarded with KU adds, all wanting to push me to KU again. (tried it, not the way I read, turned it off)

If I'd noticed any kind of point count, I'd have looked it up as well.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:02 PM   #44
Mims
Addict

I had noticed the points listed under price on books pages and finally clicked there to see what it was about and ended up on summer rewards page where I already had 100 points. Signed up for emails and got another 100 points.

What criteria did they use to select participants in the rewards Beta? How many spots available? Why did they start on July 7?

Like many of you I have been ordering books from Amazon since they first started with DTB. Have Prime, Amazon credit card, KU. Have used Amazon Pay to buy various “ Bundles” and had those books delivered to kindle. Was a subscriber to WP long before it was bought by Bezos but changed my payment method to Amazon Pay afterwards. Not currently subscribed to Audible but when Amazon bought it, I linked my existing account to my Amazon account and all books still available to me. My Pottermore books are still there in my Amazon Content. I own Kindles and have gifted them. I have also sent books to kindle from Baen and Tor. They can see that I am more likely to read kindle books on iPad kindle app than a kindle device. Have on rare occasion checked out kindle version from Overdrive. Have frequently accepted ebook credit for delayed delivery time for orders. Have bought ipads, iPods, and accessories from Amazon. Have bought nook accessories from them as well. Don’t think they know about Kobo connection. Also, occasionally loan an eligible book.

Again, what criteria? Do they want me to abandon Apple Devices, quit reading library books (and buy all the new/future releases that are on my wish list before I get them checked out), give up all outside book sources? I do like that ebook credits from Amazon (unlike Kobo) can be applied to most any ebook.

Did any of you respond to their survey link on a points reward email?
Survey Questions

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement

1. By participating in Kindle Summer Rewards, I feel like I am being rewarded for being a loyal
2. I understand how to earn Kindle Points.
3. I understand how to redeem Kindle Points for ebook credit.
4. Do you understand how to earn badges?
5. Would you be interested in participating in a program like this in the future?
6. Please share additional thoughts
Old 07-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #45
mitford13
Guru

Y’all are gonna go nuts trying to figure out any rhyme or reason to qualifying. I’ve read over 80 Kindle books via Overdrive this year (on iPad) and yet got the offer, so I don’t think that has anything to do with it. It is what it is...