Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
Gabharin
Gabharin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Post Kindle stuck on a book page

Hello everyone !

I recently bought a faulty 8th generation Kindle (SY69JL) to try and repair it.

It seems to be stuck on a book page, and does not respond when touched. The charging LED turns on when plugged with a charging cable. When I try to hold down the Power button to try and reboot it, the LED goes like this : green - blinking green - blinking orange - green... and the sequence repeats as long as I press the Power button.

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks in advance
Gabharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Sounds like the battery could be dead or faulty. Try plugging it into a wall socket and leave it charging for 24 hours.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2021, 05:38 AM   #3
Gabharin

Alright, after an about 24hour charge (started charging it yesterday in the early afternoon), the charging LED is now turned off. I tried unplugging the Kindle and reboot it. No success, same thing as yesterday. After this attempt, I plugged back the Kindle to the charging cable.

It started to charge again, like the battery was completely empty.

I think the battery is gone and preventing from resetting the Kindle. I will try buying a new battery, and see how it goes. I'll keep you guys updated, so that if any others have the same problem as I do, they'll know what to do.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:00 PM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd be interested in knowing how you get on with changing the battery. A techie friend changed my old Sony prs 505 battery, but I don't know anything about changing a kindle battery.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:51 AM   #5
Gabharin

Well I disassembled all the plastic parts, and now I'm left with the motherboard / display. Changing the battery is just a matter of removing it, and replacing it with a new one.

Though I'm starting to wonder if it couldn't be something else than the battery... But I don't what else it could be. :/
Advert
Old 07-28-2021, 05:02 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J

I'm surprised that no tech-savvy kindle users have been here to help. The charging trick is the best one I know.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A dead battery certainly stops a KK3 booting, even on USB power. DXG & KK3 batteries easily replaced once you get the cases opened. Search for instructions. Photos and text is better than video.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #8
Gabharin

Thanks for the reply. I will purchase a new battery, and keep you guys updated on how the situation evolves. Thanks for your answers.

Tags
kindle 8th generation