Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-22-2021, 06:55 AM   #3316
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O; RealMe X2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

On the other hand, since we don't support drawing, you can actually simply use the pen itself to turn pages, which should work just fine with the device/cover in a propped up setup.
thanks, this is what I thought might be the case
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:02 AM   #3317
koboje
koboje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Elipsa
Quote:
@koboje: There's a recent-ish thread about this here, it involves temporarily patching out the .kobo blacklist so you can access .kobo/Dropbox, then setting that as a folder shortcut so you don't need to carry the patch forever.

I haven't had time to think of how to deal with that oversight sanely ;/.

(So, the answer is: technically yes, but it's not user-friendly at all right now ^^).
Not a big deal at all. I can always sync articles with calibre!

BTW, wifi network control on Elipsa seems to be off? I tried to connect to calibre while wifi is off. It says "Failed to initialize network control client: Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant control socket:/var/run/wpa_supplicant.wlan0"

If i turn on wifi on kobo main, calibre connect works well but please let me report
koboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #3318
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Does it behave when toggling it manually?

I don't recall having tested auto-connect, but I also don't recall anything hardware-specific about it off the top of my head.

The Wi-Fi scripts are one of the last thing I tested/fixed in the PR, so, double-check you're actually running the latest code in case you did a custom setup?

EDIT: Yup, #worksforme (startup via KFMon + NM).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-22-2021 at 05:43 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:21 AM   #3319
koboje

Quote:
Does it behave when toggling it manually?

I don't recall having tested auto-connect, but I also don't recall anything hardware-specific about it off the top of my head.

The Wi-Fi scripts are one of the last thing I tested/fixed in the PR, so, double-check you're actually running the latest code in case you did a custom setup?

EDIT: Yup, #worksforme (startup via KFMon + NM).
Not sure why. I just replaced the nightly koreader folder to your one-click zip and installed with your script method. When i touch "connect" from the calibre menu while wifi is off, the error message pops up after I touched wifi turn on.
Even "network" - "wi-fi connection" menu also returns the same error message. Well, again, not a big deal at all as I can exit from koreader and turn on wifi from kobo stock menu. Thank you always and I love elipsa's big screen (i know resolution sucks but still i like it!)
Old 07-23-2021, 02:55 PM   #3320
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@koboje: That's the error we get when we fail to load the Wi-Fi chip's driver (granted, possibly among other things ^^), which one of the last thing I fixed, hence the questions .

On the off-chance something changed, on which FW version is this happening?

(Otherwise, investigating this would require shell access over USBNet, and while I have it running fine, I haven't updated KoboStuff with the final round of fixes, and I won't be able to do so until next week ).
Old 07-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #3321
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Err, actually, the crash.log would be a good start ^^.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:45 PM   #3322
koboje

Quote:
Err, actually, the crash.log would be a good start ^^.
Device: Kobo Elipsa FW: 4.28.17925 (latest)

Log:

07/23/21-20:42:56 INFO Kobo Wi-Fi: enabling Wi-Fi
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
07/23/21-20:43:13 INFO quitting uimanager

Hope this is the right log. Oh btw, wifi works very well on my libra running the latest stable release. It could be something to do with naming of elipsa wifi chip?

Last edited by koboje; 07-23-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:52 PM   #3323
koboje

Duplicated post. Sorry!!
Old 07-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #3324
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ideally, I'd need the full file .
Old 07-24-2021, 10:27 PM   #3325
Zac Ereader
Zac Ereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini, Sony
Mini install

Can't get KOReader to launch on a Mini. Clicking on the icon does nothing.

Using a Kobo Mini with stock firmware:
FW 3.19.5761

Tried the one click installations:
OCP-KOReader-v2021.06.zip
OCP-Plato-0.9.17_KOReader-v2021.06.zip

Installs OK but neither seems to launch KOReader. Log file is empty.

Ideas? How to launch KOReader on a Mini?
Zac Ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:31 AM   #3326
NiLuJe
BLAM!

NickelMenu doesn't support FW 3.19, so, clarify what you mean by "icon".

(KFMon *might* support it, but it's admittedly only been tested on FW >= 4.8).

TL;DR: Update to the current FW release first (you'll have to do so manually, because the Mini is strangely locked from OTA updates).