Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2021, 09:51 PM   #31
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
I ended up writing my own procedure, with shell scripts slightly simpler than the ones provided by tshering:

https://anarc.at/hardware/tablet/kobo-clara-hd/

Upside: you get the latest version of whatever syncthing is currently shipping without me or tshering having to rebuild a KoboRoot.tgz.

Downside: you need to manually copy scripts around and generally, you need to know your way around a bit more.

Bonus: other cool hacks collected from elsewhere in one page.
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 05:20 PM   #32
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcat View Post
I ended up writing my own procedure, with shell scripts slightly simpler than the ones provided by tshering:

https://anarc.at/hardware/tablet/kobo-clara-hd/

Upside: you get the latest version of whatever syncthing is currently shipping without me or tshering having to rebuild a KoboRoot.tgz.

Downside: you need to manually copy scripts around and generally, you need to know your way around a bit more.

Bonus: other cool hacks collected from elsewhere in one page.
Hey, thanks for the guide, I followed it and it still works, now I have my library folder synced wirelessly between my computer, phone, tablet and kobo.

The only thing I couldn't do was the seventh step (copy a valid ca-certificates.crt file (say from your Linux desktop) into /etc/ssl/certs/ on the Kobo (otherwise syncthing cannot bootstrap discovery servers)

The /etc/ssl/certs/ directory doesn't exist anymore, I believe it has been moved, and I don't know where I can get the ca-certificates.crt if I don't use Linux.

But the folder syncs and it's so convenient so I guess it's ok :-)
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2023, 03:01 PM   #33
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Oh, so i wasn't the only one noticing that it works

well anyway, i drafted a simple qt gui for syncthing ( only for inkbox for now ) allows to view logs mainly:
https://github.com/Szybet/syncthing-inkbox
https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/user-applications
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:23 PM   #34
anarcat
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe3444 View Post
The only thing I couldn't do was the seventh step (copy a valid ca-certificates.crt file (say from your Linux desktop) into /etc/ssl/certs/ on the Kobo (otherwise syncthing cannot bootstrap discovery servers)

The /etc/ssl/certs/ directory doesn't exist anymore, I believe it has been moved, and I don't know where I can get the ca-certificates.crt if I don't use Linux.
Hmm... well, that's a good question, I guess it depends on your operating system, I don't actually know where the trust root is stored on other systems!

But since it works, YOLO, nothing to fix?
Old 11-03-2023, 01:25 PM   #35
anarcat
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szybet View Post
Oh, so i wasn't the only one noticing that it works

well anyway, i drafted a simple qt gui for syncthing ( only for inkbox for now ) allows to view logs mainly:
https://github.com/Szybet/syncthing-inkbox
https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/user-applications
whoa, nice! a screenshot would look good on there
Advert
Old 11-03-2023, 01:42 PM   #36
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

a few buttons and logs, nothing fancy for now
Old 11-03-2023, 09:54 PM   #37
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcat View Post
Hmm... well, that's a good question, I guess it depends on your operating system, I don't actually know where the trust root is stored on other systems!

But since it works, YOLO, nothing to fix?
It does work and it syncs, although you can see constant errors related to certificates in the log.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231104-024642~2.png
Views:	63
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	204550

Edit: I got the certificate file from here, renamed to .crt and all is good now, no more errors in the log https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html

Last edited by johndoe3444; 11-05-2023 at 06:14 PM. Reason: All fixed now
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 08:45 AM   #38
anarcat
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szybet View Post
a few buttons and logs, nothing fancy for now
You'd be surprised how useful that is...
Old 11-10-2023, 02:40 PM   #39
Szybet
Connoisseur

Well then, just use it, it's open source