Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #121
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
I read mysteries. I cannot figure out how to bring up the mysteries in the date added order. I set it for the books to be brought up by date added, but this is not what's happening. Since I check the library lists every day, I know what the last book added was. What is coming up is all the available books first. I figured out how to eliminate the kids' books and the foreign language books, but it is still not organizing by date added.

I tried using the filter for the last 7 days, etc. Still this is bringing up the available books, rather than the last added books.

Anyone have any idea what to do about this?

I HATE this. It is the worst they have done so far.
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #122
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
The Maryland site is now updated. Had to find my library card for the log-in. I suppose I'll need that info close at hand for my phone/tablet.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #123
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Following up on my post from a couple days ago, my library is no longer showing me a waitlist book at the beginning of my wishlist when I have it set to Available Now, so at least that's one small issue fixed.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #124
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The best thing for me is that it sorts by added date by default, so you do not have to change everything, and it shows in the same screen if it already at the library or it is coming soon.
That must be a library default setting, because none of my libraries sort by added date automatically. It's one of my complaints ... or maybe "wish list items" is a better description. I wish you could set that default yourself.

I'm finding the switch to this layout less painful than the switch to the last one. I suspect that has more to do with the fact that many of the websites I visit favor this "clean and simple" (less information available at a glance) layout nowadays.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #125
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalekid View Post
I read mysteries. I cannot figure out how to bring up the mysteries in the date added order. I set it for the books to be brought up by date added, but this is not what's happening. Since I check the library lists every day, I know what the last book added was. What is coming up is all the available books first. I figured out how to eliminate the kids' books and the foreign language books, but it is still not organizing by date added.

I tried using the filter for the last 7 days, etc. Still this is bringing up the available books, rather than the last added books.

Yes, I have the same issue. On all 3 of my libraries. They haven't switched yet, but they have the try the new overdrive thingy so I been using that since I have to get used to anyway. All I see is available books, not sorted by added to site first. Only way I get to that is to use the drop down by collections and then pick new ebooks. That narrows it down to just the new stuff and if I keep drilling by genre, I finally get to see something other than available listed first. Like waitlist, or on hold. I want to see all ebooks and sorted by added, not listing the available first, but just added first, no matter if they are available or not. Maybe released date will work better. But that wont' work for stuff that the library added recently that isn't coming out in the future. For that one had to use yet another filter, coming soon.

Ugh, this is complicated. I think I'll continue using amazon site for upcoming stuff and use my chrome library extension plugin where I can see what is at the libraries on amazon book page and on goodreads book page. And go to the library from there.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2016, 04:39 AM   #126
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalekid View Post

Looks like a glitch to me. I was able to do it by:

1) advanced search
2) I picked Mystery from the Subjects
3) do the search
4) click on "Available now" (on the left)
5) click on "Date added" (on left)

and they appear to be sorted by date
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:28 AM   #127
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops, this is what I needed to do:

1) advanced search
2) I picked Mystery from the Subjects
3) do the search
4) click on "Available now" (on the left)
5) click on "All titles" (on left)
Old 11-10-2016, 07:34 AM   #128
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I found a glitch in one of the libraries I belong to that switched. One Tuesday the 8th, two books I have on hold still showed coming the 8th and it wasn't until the 9th that I saw that notice removed. And today the 10th, I see that the line has moved for both books. I hope that gets fixed as I don't want ot wait one or two extra days for every book that's a pre-order.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #129
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is anyone else having problems with their library's search function today? The NC library search works if I go to Advanced Search and select Within the last 7 days and click enter.

However, if I try to search all books for an author or title (with no other restrictions such as date, category or type of book), or if I click on an author's name to see what other books they have, I get "we couldn't find any matches".
Old 11-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #130
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Is anyone else having problems with their library's search function today? The NC library search works if I go to Advanced Search and select Within the last 7 days and click enter.

However, if I try to search all books for an author or title (with no other restrictions such as date, category or type of book), or if I click on an author's name to see what other books they have, I get "we couldn't find any matches".
Search by author worked for me earlier today, and I just tried clicking on the author's name and that worked too.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #131
4691mls
Wizard

Must be just a problem with the NC library then. You know something's wrong when you click on an author's name and it doesn't even bring up the book you were just looking at!
Old 11-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #132
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Earlier today I was getting sporadic "an error has occurred" messages.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:16 PM   #133
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:

Search is finally working again.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't think the search glitch has anything to do with the new site. I've seen search glitches before the new site.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #135
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
John F: Thank you. I appreciate the effort you put into finding the answer to my problem. I think I have got it now.

Should not be this difficult to do a simple action like this.

Karen
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote