Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Using Calibre and completely impressed

I finally downloaded Calibre this morning and configured my daily readings of Newspapers to try it out, loaded in NY Post and Daily News Politics, Jets, and Mets to start with, took it out and purposely didn't buy the paper this morning to give it it's first run. I have to say 2 HUGE Thumbs up

I love the links within the feeds that I can read it like I would online, love the customizations, I need to tweak a couple more things to get it just right....namely the best filetype to download as, and the best location to minimize the amount of moves to replace the articles daily.

I definitely want to thank the creator, this has just brought my reader up a HUGE notch.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Then you'll defintely want to go here, start at post #1, and see why you should give Kovid Karma........

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...a+Kovid&page=5
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
great. it really has come a long way. it used to crash on me almost every time I opened it. now its doing much better in its current version. it's a great program. needs a facelift though.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
dclavey
ePub Junky
dclavey began at the beginning.

Device: Black Sony Touch PRS-600, iPad
Yeh it is good isn't it. Get my daily papers every day.
dclavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
stygian
stygian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, sony prs-600 (prospective)
Calibre is wonderful. I use it to read the NY Times on the Kindle 2.

How does one navigate through the paper with the Sony PRS-600 and the Sony PRS-300?

On the K2, one uses the 5-way controller to either move forward or backward by articles or to bring up a section listing that gives you direct access to the articles. Can you do all this with touch interface on the PRS-600 or with the buttons on the Sony PRS-300?
stygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert