Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Kobo Mini On Sale

Family Christian bookstores site has the Kobo Mini on sale for $59 until the 18th.

Limited to one, they usually have free shipping on orders over $40 and there is a coupon for 25% or 30% off that you could use toward a cover (or anything else).
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Now also on sale at BestBuy.com for $59 with free shipping. A white model - don't know if there are/were other colors.

I have no idea what affiliate links look like at BestBuy.com. I got this link by typing in BestBuy.com by hand and then searching from there - hopefully it's clean. If not, hopefully some moderator can fix it. Or if it just gets yanked with a nasty note, and there's no link here, you can find it by doing what I did - go to BestBuy.com and search on Kobo Mini, and it pops right up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...0&st=kobo+mini
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Does the Kobo Mini have the same software issues that the Kobo Touch has?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Does the Kobo Mini have the same software issues that the Kobo Touch has?

What issues would those be, please.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What issues would those be, please.

Don
I've read a lot of things regarding page skipping, fonts changing in the middle of a book, italics not appearing correctly. That sort of thing. I see you have a Kobo Glo, do you have any software issues?
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The three current Kobo devices share the same software. "Page skipping" is that there can be an occasional tap on the screen missed followed by two page turns on the next tap. Not everyone sees this, and I think the recent firmware has reduced it happening.

There was a font changing problem a couple of firmware versions ago. It has definitely been fixed.

The italics issue is that the two or three of the preloaded fonts don't display italics. Luckily for me, I don't like those fonts so don't use them.

There are some other bugs, but they don't really interfere with the reading experience.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've read a lot of things regarding page skipping, fonts changing in the middle of a book, italics not appearing correctly. That sort of thing. I see you have a Kobo Glo, do you have any software issues?

For me, I have no major issues, but you need to understand that I only use my ebook for extensive reading of novels using epubs. And with the font I use, there's no problem. I also don't side-load any books.

I throughly enjoy this unit as well as my Kindle Paperwhite.

The paperwhite is faster and I prefer the software on the Kindle. I also prefer Amazon over Kobo's store. But the Kobo Glo is a tad lighter and is a joy to use.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-17-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

That's good to know...although at this point I am far more interested in the Kobo Aura. (kind of hoping Amazon will produce something similar)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
For me, I have no major issues, but you need to understand that I only use my ebook for extensive reading of novels using epubs. And with the font I use, there's no problem.

I throughly enjoy this unit as well as my Kindle Paperwhite.

The paperwhite is faster and I prefer the software on the Kindle. I also prefer Amazon over Kobo's store. But the Kobo Glo is a tad lighter and is a joy to use.

Don
That's all I use my e-ink readers for. Did you add your own font to your Kobo Mini?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
(kind of hoping Amazon will produce something similar)
I'm sure they will. That's why it's best to wait and see what Amazon and B&N will come up with.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's all I use my e-ink readers for. Did you add your own font to your Kobo Mini?

No, as I'm happy with using Georgia with changes made to Weight, Sharpness, and Font size.

Don