Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
echobase
echobase began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Unhappy Kindle having trouble refreshing and loading existing content

Have had the Kindle 3 for about 3 days, everything was fine until i tried to open a 1200 page PDF downloaded from PC.

Now after multiple refreshes, hard reboots etc, it brings back my content minus the Collections selection in the Sort area!! It's grayed out so I can't sort by Collections. I have over 200 books on this thing by now and not having the Collections option is bad for my right thumb...!!!

Any suggestions? Should I just create my 10 custom collection folders and repopulate them? Why is the 'Collections' button grayed out??

Any help would be greatly appreciate, thanks!
echobase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I've only read of the collections option being greyed out when a device isn't registered - has your registration info been lost on your Kindle device? I would connect via wifi and do a sync as well.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
echobase
echobase began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Thanks!

Thank you, Mr. Kindle Worm, will try both options!!
echobase is offline   Reply With Quote