Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
rodgerolsen
rodgerolsen began at the beginning.

Device: schphone, blackberry
Why is my Calibre in RUSSIAN??

I am staying in Russia, but I am an English speaker. Unfortunately, my Calibre stubbornly refuses to speak English now. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing an older version that spoke English when I got it.

It now also only speaks Russian.

Help. My Russian is not good enough to work in.
rodgerolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just go to preferences and change the interface language to english. Its on the very first page of the preferences so it should be easy to find even in russian. and then restart calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgerolsen View Post
It now also only speaks Russian.

Help. My Russian is not good enough to work in.
Just go to preferences and change the interface language to english. Its on the very first page of the preferences so it should be easy to find even in russian. and then restart calibre
The hammer icon is preferences and I attached an image of the English version of the page. Just click the drop menu arrow and select English. Then restart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences_General.png
Views:	336
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	53052  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
rodgerolsen
rodgerolsen began at the beginning.

Device: schphone, blackberry
Thanks. I had to look up "preferences" in my Russian dictionary, but it worked!!!
rodgerolsen is offline   Reply With Quote