Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Febrary 2010 Book Club Poll
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell 26 25.00%
The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler 8 7.69%
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 11 10.58%
Shadow Game by Christine Feehan 9 8.65%
It Happened In Egypt by Charles Norris Williamson (1859-1920) and Alice Muriel Williamson (1869-1933) 4 3.85%
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris 17 16.35%
His Robot Girlfriend by Wesley Allison (HistoryWes) 12 11.54%
The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne 7 6.73%
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase 6 5.77%
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn 4 3.85%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #61
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
OK, truth: I haven't got that far in the book yet.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #62
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
All is revealed here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/gone-with-the-wind-novel-1

Don't go there if you don't want spoilers!!!!
OK, well, that pretty much wraps up GWTW. Now can we all just agree to vote for (my choice) His Robot Girlfriend and be done with February's voting?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-27-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #63
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I don't want to hear it cause "Princess of Mars" didn't even make the list!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #64
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
I don't want to hear it cause "Princess of Mars" didn't even make the list!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #65
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
OK, truth: I haven't got that far in the book yet.
Neither have I, it was just a bit of trivia.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #66
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And it's Gone with the Wind ahead by a light-year.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #67
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
And it's Gone with the Wind ahead by a light-year.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #68
kennyc

I was hoping for something shorter myself...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #69
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was hoping for something shorter myself...
Especially for such a short month, and it isn't even a leap year.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #70
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
If you don't want to read GWTW, I suggest you guys read the runner up, whatever it might be, and do a thread on it. We've done it before.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #71
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
If you don't want to read GWTW, I suggest you guys read the runner up, whatever it might be, and do a thread on it. We've done it before.
Hey I forgot the Humor Smiley....I voted for it, I'll read it if it wins.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #72
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I'm having a hard time deciding. I'll be happy with whatever wins, but I'm worried that I won't be able to finish GWTW in time to join the discussion.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #73
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding. I'll be happy with whatever wins, but I'm worried that I won't be able to finish GWTW in time to join the discussion.

What if you start now?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #74
banjomike
Addict

Since it looks like winning, I've already started GWTW to get a run at it.

Again.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #75
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Since it looks like winning, I've already started GWTW to get a run at it.

Again.
You can do it!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote