Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Given that it gave a 291 byte file here that was in fact an XML document with the embedded message "The specified key does not exist." it might be onto something dreams
I tried the LRF twice - then reported it to Smashwords. However the ePub came down just fine for me (I know it won't help the 500 users - but maybe Calibre can.)
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
Gryphonwood
Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Hi folks,
I just became aware of this thread. The 11:00pm thing is probably our fault. We cut off the codes at 12:00 Eastern time. Apologies to our friends in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific zones. I don't know about the technical issue with Cibola- sounds like a Smashwords issue. At any rate, if anyone missed out, please e-mail me before Wednesday at editor [at] gryphonwoodpress.com and we'll see what we can do to get you hooked up. Thank you for your interest in Gryphonwood. We're thrilled at the response to the giveaway, and will likely do another during the holiday season.
David
Gryphonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphonwood View Post
Hi folks,
I just became aware of this thread. The 11:00pm thing is probably our fault. We cut off the codes at 12:00 Eastern time. Apologies to our friends in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific zones. I don't know about the technical issue with Cibola- sounds like a Smashwords issue. At any rate, if anyone missed out, please e-mail me before Wednesday at editor [at] gryphonwoodpress.com and we'll see what we can do to get you hooked up. Thank you for your interest in Gryphonwood. We're thrilled at the response to the giveaway, and will likely do another during the holiday season.
David
Any chance of something for us European members (Europe = big place, kind of east of America)? We have the internet here too you know, and some of us would actually like to buy books
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #19
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Any chance of something for us European members (Europe = big place, kind of east of America)? We have the internet here too you know, and some of us would actually like to buy books
I'm not gryphonwood--but why couldn't you have downloaded from Smashwords? There isn't anything about US only...I'm pretty sure anyway because when I uploaded my books, I believe it was worldwide. You could email gryphonwood. Maybe they'll honor your, 'But I wanted to download..."

of course, some of the ebooks from Gryphonwood on smash are pretty darn reasonable anyway. The one by Terry Ervin is only 1.99, I think. WHen I was downloading the others, the prices were around two to three bucks!!!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-01-2009 at 06:40 PM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I'm not gryphonwood--but why couldn't you have downloaded from Smashwords? There isn't anything about US only...I'm pretty sure anyway because when I uploaded my books, I believe it was worldwide. You could email gryphonwood. Maybe they'll honor your, 'But I wanted to download..."

Ah - my mistake then. Maybe I'll try that - thanks Bear.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #21
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
I did receive a response from Smashwords

I did respond on Oct 31st at 11 PM. It didn't say the first 500 or limited to any other limitation.

> Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:54:38 -0800
> From: mc@smashwords.com
> To: dennisvjames@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Comment: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5441
>
> Sorry about that...
>
> The authors had a limited time coupon.
>
> Welcome to Smashwords, though!
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> dennisvjames@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Smashwords Site Comment
> >
> > From: dennisvjames@hotmail.com
> > User: (dvjames)
> > IP: 24.16.194.193
> > URL: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5441
> >
> > Comment:
> > hummm....came up based on free books as noted on mobileread and it says
> > "Sorry, that code is either invalid or expired." bummer...
> >
> >
>
> --
> --
> Mark Coker
> Founder
> Smashwords, Inc. http://www.smashwords.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/markcoker
> http://www.twitter.com/markcoker
Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Dennis,

There's a post a couple above yours--from Gryphonwood responding on the timestamp thing.

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
Gryphonwood
Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.Gryphonwood is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Hello again. Smashwords tells me that the problem with Cibola is fixed, so if you're one of the customers who got a corrupted file, please contact them and they'll hook you up. Also, the offer is still open to those who missed out Saturday night, but I need to hear from you before Wednesday. See my above post for contact info.
Gryphonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #24
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphonwood View Post
Hello again. Smashwords tells me that the problem with Cibola is fixed, so if you're one of the customers who got a corrupted file, please contact them and they'll hook you up. Also, the offer is still open to those who missed out Saturday night, but I need to hear from you before Wednesday. See my above post for contact info.
Smashwords e-mailed me about nine hours ago to let me know they had fixed it and I've now got Cibola in LRF format - thanks for following it up
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote