Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Two free "books" on Kindle (extended samples)

Continuing a trend in the business book section on Kindle, there are two new extended samples available for free this morning. Both include the intro and all of chapter one, but unlike some of the previous free samples, the main books are not being sold a chapter at a time. Instead, they hope to entice you to purchase the entire book and I suspect have decided that the publicity of being found on a search of free books is of more benefit than simply setting the sample size of their books to include the same information.

The first is a motivational book, which promises to help you achieve your dreams and then enjoy that success. I can already guess step one: define the dream. It seems that this is a lot easier with the professional athletes he usually works with (win the SuperBowl; secondary objective: don't get hurt) than perhaps with the average person pursuing a non-sports career, but books such as these sell well (although I suspect it's more for the behind the scenes info on sports figures, than for the actual success in implementing the book's ideas into the reader's own lives).

From the second author, we are promised to be told all we need to know about trading options on the stock market. I strongly suspect that chapter one only includes enough information to make such trading dangerous to your portfolio or only has a lot of promises of the riches that could come your way, without the real "secrets" of the full book.

Touchdown! (Intro & Chapter 1): Growing Up, by Kevin Elko.

Option Trading Body of Knowledge (Introduction & Chapter 1), The: Market Overview, by Michael C. Thomsett
koland is offline   Reply With Quote