Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Unable to convert one Steven Harper book

I recently purchased 3 Steven Harper books in the Silent Empire series from Amazon ($1.79 each). 2 of the 3 convert fine. Dreamer will not convert. This ebook does not seem to have any DRM. Mobipocket Creator and mobi2mobi do not complain about the Dreamer file. But I wanted to use Calibre to edit the metadata (add cover etc) but cannot get it to convert.

I tried both latest Calibre 5 and 6.

I also cannot seem to copy/paste the details from the failed conversion window (running under Vista). Is there a log file somewhere?

Anyway part of the error details is:
Malformed Markup, using BeautifulSoup
Value Error: All strings must be XML Compatible:Unicode or ASCII, no null bytes.

Last edited by tselling; 07-21-2009 at 04:26 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to open a ticket and attach the file`
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I see you saw the ticket and fixed for next release. Thanks.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote