Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
lynmary
lynmary began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Question Kobo update gone wrong, Need Help

I am a proud owner of a original kobo. (2010) yesterday went to kobo site and downloaded a update which wipe my kobo clean I am unable to use it.
I am looking for help. It's old I Know but was simple and easy to use even with a button to turn pages.
Is there any way to fix it. Get the old Firmware. Or Do I Give up and Buy a new one. ?

If you think I should get a new Kobo. Which Model - Kobo Aura H20 ?
Have a Lager Collection of Books. Would like to have a reader that will allow me to import the collection and not harass me to go to the STORE AND BUY.
lynmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:49 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome to the forums.

Even though this is posted in the Kobo Tablet section it sounds like you have one of the early eInk readers (not sure what year they first did tablets). Hopefully someone in the know will see this and be able to help, but in the mean time here's another thread which may be helpful...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230628
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Earliest Kobo Vox reviews are Dec 2011. Here is link to Kobo Vox forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:51 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Original and Wi-Fi were both released in 2010. There are threads in this forum to obtain firmware for the Wifi. If it's really an original (or frankly even a wifi, personally, though your mileage may vary), and if you can afford it, I'd really recommend updating to a new Kobo - the display, speed, firmware features etc are out of sight better. H2O if you want the larger screen and/or the waterproofing; perhaps Glo HD otherwise.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote