Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Upgrade Galaxy Tab 2 internal storage?

I've had a look at some Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 teardown videos and I wonder if it might be possible, for a competent tech, to upgrade the 16GB NAND flash chip to something more beefy?
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Without knowing to much I doubt it to be honest but stranger things have happened I guess it depends on what resources they had available and whether they could get a higher gb version of the same chip or if it's even the same size.

I think if this was actually easily doable there would be companies cashing in on it upgrading everything to 64gb or 128gb versions I'd personally probably get all my gadgets done as well.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I guess you're probably right; there would be a plethora of places offering an upgrade service. It just seems as though it ought to be a really, really simple job for someone with both skills and tools - extract chip, clone chip content onto new chip, mount new chip, hey presto.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote