Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I only had to two secure epubs and they download as ascm into ADE. It wont even let me grab any secure LIT files. I have them backed up on disc somewhere. It tells me they've been removed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #62
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
That's what I'm doing, too. I kind of want to check everything over and make sure it's working right. (68 pages - yikes - I thought 57 was bad. )
I went a little crazy when the discount reached effectively 90%, just before they sold out to B&N). Oh, for the days of 100% rewards and massive coupon discounts (on top of membership discounts, etc).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #63
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I only had to two secure epubs and they download as ascm into ADE. It wont even let me grab any secure LIT files. I have them backed up on disc somewhere. It tells me they've been removed.
Yeah, I don't have Lit on this machine, so I need to make sure I have those backed up on my other machines.

I'm hoping some of the ereader formats convert over to epub once at B&N (as happened with some of the older books I had a B&N once they started pushing epub harder).
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #64
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I went a little crazy when the discount reached effectively 90%, just before they sold out to B&N). Oh, for the days of 100% rewards and massive coupon discounts (on top of membership discounts, etc).
Yep, good old days. At least it has been a slow demise. It would have been a lot worse if they had gone out in their heyday.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #65
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
You're right - none of the secure formats are bulk downloading. The ones I had must have been from when I did it previously.

So basically, even though it says the secure formats are included, they aren't. Only the multiformats are being downloaded and the secure Ereader, so we have to do the other secure formats manually. Darn it!
I thought it was just your neat trick for getting all the downlads that was refusing to do the secure Mobipocket. But even adding them manually to a list of books for download fails.

Augh! 475 Secure Mobipocket to be downloaded individually!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #66
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I thought it was just your neat trick for getting all the downlads that was refusing to do the secure Mobipocket. But even adding them manually to a list of books for download fails.

Augh! 475 Secure Mobipocket to be downloaded individually!
Oh criminy. This is getting pathetic. I guess this is a good lesson for us to keep up with our "housekeeping."
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #67
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

30 pages down, 30 to go. (But 365/475 secure mobipocket downloaded).

Hmm... I did find that one book (C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton) downloaded as completely the wrong book. I'm sent a message to customer service. But I suspect they may be a little overloaded at present!

Oh - and two secure ePub books downloaded as DRM-free ePubs. I think they might be Tor titles, but I haven't checked.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #68
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have over 3000 books at Fictionwise, all of them I downloaded immediately and stripped the DRM when needed. Just to be sure, I'm redownloading all the books that I can, just in case. I have backups of everything on my server but I just want to be sure.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #69
koland
Grand Sorcerer

so, there is no view that shows just the mobi pocket books, right?

Do they have to be downloaded by hunting thru the pages?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #70
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
so, there is no view that shows just the mobi pocket books, right?

Do they have to be downloaded by hunting thru the pages?
As far as I can see, yes. I did complain some months ago about the lack of a Secure Mobipocket only display.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #71
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Crud. Most of my books are mobipocket. Which means dragging thru all the pages by hand and downloading one at a time.

So question for those redownloading their multi-format magazines.

Do you see any need to grab PDF or large print PDF's? Perhaps for the artwork?

I generally only read on an ereader (and have up to the Kindle DX in size), but have multiple tablets that would handle the PDF's also.

Last edited by koland; 11-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #72
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Device: Pixel 7,Kindle Oasis,Fire 8
My Fictionwise library is equally split between ePubs,secure Mobipocket and secure eReader files and they all downloaded together. I did have one head scratcher, though - one of my books was only available in that eBookwise format. Since I have never owned that device, I am fairly sure I didn't buy it in that format and it seems nothing can convert that format. oh well
FourGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #73
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourGold View Post
My Fictionwise library is equally split between ePubs,secure Mobipocket and secure eReader files and they all downloaded together. I did have one head scratcher, though - one of my books was only available in that eBookwise format. Since I have never owned that device, I am fairly sure I didn't buy it in that format and it seems nothing can convert that format. oh well

This is making me wonder if things are just not working right because the servers have been so busy or something.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #74
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I still haven't received the email offering to move my books over to B&N.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #75
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I couldn't get any of the secure mobi files to download in bulk. I'll be another couple of days downloading manually, before I attempt to convert over to B&N.